Apr 26, 2016

January! Happy New Yearzzzzz

January started with a lot of rain.  The girls hate rainy day schedule because they have to sit in the library during recess.  I told them I would take them out to lunch and what do you know it didn't rain that day.  Oh well at least they got Sweet Tomatoes Mac and Cheese.  Thats all they eat there!

This year we had a mega surprise for Chloë and family on her birthday.  We woke up and she opened 1 gift.  That gift was a pair of fuzzy boots and a note that said, "School is cancelled! It's a Snow Day!"  She opened the rest of her gifts and she was super excited when she thought we were going to Flagstaff to play in the snow.  Until we arrived at the Mesa Airport and said surprise we are going to Utah!  Before she knew we were headed to Utah I asked where she wanted me to take her for her Birthday lunch.  She said, "well I really want to go to Brick Oven, but thats kinda far away so I guess we can go to Sweet Tomatoes."  Well, her dream actually came true.  We headed to Brick Oven as soon as we landed and it was sure delicious.  It snowed that afternoon and we had a fun soccer party at Grandma and Grandpas with cousins.


















While we slept we got inches of snow!  When the kids woke they were pretty stoked and couldn't wait to get outside and play.  Gerrit quickly got thrown back into shoveling walkways and the kids made snow angels and snow men (that were tasty to eat)




















Part of the reason we picked this time to go to Utah was for the Provo City Center Temple Open House.  This building was right down the street from us and we attended many meetings like Stake Conference here.  Mom played the organ in this building once and Janell was in charge of the Nativity every year in this building.  Once a man followed me out of Stake conference while I held the hand of Chloë and Delilah in my arms.  Gerrit was working and he thought I was a single mom.  He wanted to know if I wanted to go out on a date.  What a sweet guy to not be afraid of a woman with kiddos, but I was a little weirded out by getting hit on at Stake Conference.  Anyway, this amazing building had a horrible fire where it burned inside and out.  The only thing left was the brick walls.  A while later President Monson announced it would become a temple and they would not knock down the existing walls.  What an amazing project to take on!  This temple had Gerrit's heart.  Every room we walked in he couldn't believe how pretty it was.  Of course we all loved it, but It seemed extra special to him.










We also got to meet the newest members of the family!  Ruby and Charlie, the cutest little twin girls! We had a fun time hanging out and getting to know the girls.  They looked so cute in the little beanies we brought them.











We met up with all kinds of friends and Chloë got another birthday party.  These kids are so fun!  We miss being around them.  Mark and Sara were in Utah for a wedding and they were able to come join the fun too!  We got super lucky.  Then we had to fly back to AZ.  It was a quick and fun trip!















Back at home we celebrated Chloë's birthday AGAIN!! Best 11 year old birthday ever.  We took her friends bowling and ate pizza and cake.  She has really fun friends!  I can't believe Chloë is growing up so fast.

Chloë Stats:

1. Loves to play soccer
2. Favorite color is still Purple
3. She is the pony tail Queen
4. Her favorite thing to eat is Bean Burritos and Goldfish
5. Doesn't love sweets
6. Can draw anything
7. She reads books all the way through in like a few days
8. The best big sister










The Mays gave us Pie Face for Christmas.  We took it to game night at the Smith's house.  The kids love this game!  They could play all day.  Delilah looked pretty awesome in her Googly Eyes too.








Date Night at the range.  Not to brag or anything but I'm kinda good. 


At the end of the month we hit Disneyland.  This was the first time I let Delilah where a Princess dress to Disney.  I must say she looked pretty adorable.  We had a fun time with the fam and some of Marty's family was there as well! We went to the theater to watch Rapunzel.  The women behind me were so into recording the show in every way possible.  Karis and I were cracking up when we saw what was going on behind me.  That night we got out to the van and I could tell it was driving weird. I pulled over and realized my tire was completely flat.  We pulled into a gas station and pumped it full of air which got us to El Pollo Loco.  We waiting for AAA to come change my tire and in the morning I got it fixed.  Not sure how this got in there, but a 5 inch drill bit shredded my tire!  So crazy!
























Saturday we spent some time with Papa and Grammy.  We ate and played games and had a mini Christmas with them.  Alice had fun chillin' on the porch and we all were dared to make a duck face and post it on Instagram.  Dad's face kills me.















No comments: