Feb 19, 2016

December

December is so fun filled.  I try to get up my Christmas lights asap.  This year we had fun doing red, white and green.  Feliz Navidad!  

Chloë had her first band concert.  She plays the Trombone.  I was pleasantly surprised at the concert.  The songs sounded good and Chloë looked so cute in her concert attire playing her Trombone.  Keep it up Chloë!  

The houses across the street have a fun light show they do every year.  Usually its about 4 houses but this year it was the whole street!  They actually won a TV show called the Great Light Fight.  We spent some time walking the street and the kids loved it.  After the show aired Higley was a nightmare!!! The cars came from far and wide to see the show.  You wanted to be annoyed but couldn't because it was Christmas. 

We stopped in at Bass Pro to visit Santa early this year.  The girls were shy as usual.  Alice asked for a Blue Mimi (blue blanket)  Delilah asked for Super Mario 3D World and Chloë asked for an art easel.  After we visited with Santa we played the games and walked around looking at the animals.  Love visiting Santa here! 

We did our Christmas Disneyland trip too.  We had a great time.  The park is always so festive.  It rained a bit and when we were on Buzz the ride broke down.  We had to sit there for a while before they escorted us off.  Alice was pretty bent out of shape about that.  It was pretty freezing in the park and we were trying to stay warm.  

The night before we left we got to see the Follow The Star program at moms church building.  It's a live Nativity put on by a good family friend...Brian Andre.  Dad came and brought some neighbors.  It rained the whole night but that didn't stop the performers.  Meredith was soaked after standing in the rain as the angel.  Inside they had a cresh exhibit.  The girls loved looking at all the different nativities from around the world. I couldn't believe how many their were!

Back at home I hosted the Young Women Christmas party.  This year I wanted something different so we chose Christmas in Hawaii.  Of course it was record lows for my luau.  We still had a great time with all the girls.  They all are so different but get a long so well.  We never have any teen drama.  I can appreciate a well oiled YW Program.  Every girl should have that.

Adrian and Ryan had the babies!  Twin girlies.  Ruby and Charlie.  They are so adorable.  Welcome to the family girls.  Now my girls have two sets of twins as cousins!

Alice was an apple in her school Christmas Program.  She did so good.  She participated and sang so good.  I wanted to die a little.  I really can't stand how beautiful she is.  Santa came after the show and she was kinda embarrassed.  It was adorable of course.

Christmas Sunday best.  These girls...my heart might burst in 2!

We went to the Stapley Farm for a fun family night of Smores and Chili.  Alice and Aubree had a great time running in the field.  I love being with the Stapley family.  It feels like home.

Over Christmas break we do crafts.  This year the girls made their own hand painted ornaments.  They turned out perfectly.  When I saw Chloë's Nativity ornament I almost started crying.  I could feel the spirit in her painting.  I will cherish it forever.

This Christmas Eve we did something different.  We decided to make a hot meal with all the fixins for the people less fortunate in the area.  Together with the Smiths we made 10 bags. Then we drove the streets of Gilbert and Mesa looking for people who could use a better Christmas.  We found some great people, rolled down the window and hand delivered a hot meal.  It was pretty amazing.  After we headed to get pizza and visited the Mesa Temple.  This is what Christmas is all about.

Enter Christmas Morning! These kids are spoiled!  Every gift was awesome.  The kids had a blast.  This was the first year we had to take a break in the middle, eat breakfast and then return to open more presents.  I think they were happy with what they received.  Delilah always gives the best reactions.  We usually have to plug our ears with the excitement she shares.  Her kitty blanket gave her a really good hairdo for the next week or two.  The kids were surprised with a new playroom!  Two TVs for gaming a new couch that doubles as a bed and a Wii U.  Like I said spoiled.

Alice loves her pink lipstick.  














































































































No comments: