November I got to use my decorating skills for another party at the church. This time it was for the Young Women. We had the Evening of Excellence where the girls bring their family and set up a project they are working for Personal Progress. Then we get to hand out Medallions and other awards. The decor and food turned out so good! I really love serving in the Laurel class!
The kiddos were loving having the trampoline set up again. The weather in November is perfect for jumping. They made forts and played super heros and princess. I love when they use their imaginations and all play together.
On Gigi's bday Karis and I flew to Orange County. We went straight to Disneyland where they were all set up for Christmas! I love the holidays there. We had a great time together eating our way through it all. I love to try new things there. The best new item was the Matterhorn Macaroon! It was so cute and tasty. We stayed in a fun hotel that night with a pretty cool view of the lobby. In the morning we drove down memory lane. Stopping in at the 2$ fabric store (which is going out of business...again) I will always remember that random building that was probably once a bank. The chandelier in there is so HUGE! Then we went to Brea and Fullerton to look at Karis' old stomping grounds and some of the cool houses there. We ate our massive burgers and onion rings at Brea's Best Burgers. Delish. Then we finished the day out at Disney again. That was the moment I realized my hair was the exact same color as Chewbacca. When we headed back to mom's Jaron and Hoagie were there. After a quick stop at South Coast Plaza for memories (We all used to work there, and spent most of our teen lives there) we got to explore Jarond's new neighborhood and apt. Its super cute. He took us to some really fun spots to eat too. The bread lounge and Olsons a sweedish bakery and deli. We passed a dozen things being filmed which didn't phase Jarond at all. He thinks it's kinda annoying actually. I'm in the back seat saying slow down, was that person famous?!
Thanksgiving with the family was cancelled this year. Poor Aunt Dawna is feeling sick and we didn't want to put any extra stress on her for Thanksgiving. Everyone just did their own thing this year which was really fun. It was my birthday and Jarond came to Arizona for about 24 hours. In those 24 hours we accomplished a lot! He made the best pork tenderloin for Thanksgiving and we had fun relaxing. I took Jarond to his very first Black Friday/Thanksgiving night shopping. It was fun and I got the WiiU I wanted for the kids! We visited all the sites he suggested from when we were kids. It was so fun to spend time with him in this area. He told me a story I had never heard. He said when he and Karis were really young (Karis was in Kindergarten) they left the house and walked to the corner store to buy something. As we drove I realized how far this corner store was and they had to cross a large intersection. Anyway, when they returned mom was scared and mad. She asked "where were you?!" Karis replied,"U Totem" Jarond was so hurt thinking Karis thought he had told mom where they had been. Jarond was thinking in his head "I didn't tell them anything" Come to find out the store was called U Totem and had a Totem pole outside the establishment. Hahaha poor Jarond. We visited the scary haunted house and played on the playground, then we visited the cemetery and said hello to Granner and Grandpa. Braedon chased Alice all over. She just loves Braedon. Alice was sad to say goodbye to Hoagie. She sure loves animals!
And just for fun. We used the I swap Faces app to do these amazing pictures.
























































No comments:
Post a Comment