Fall break was full of great fun! It wore us out for months after. We all headed to California in Gerrit's truck. That was a treat in it's self. Those kids have never sat so close to each other in the car. It was madness. We went a little early to help celebrate Adrian and Ryan's twin girls. The shower turned out perfect and we had a great time.
The Sunday after Colin and Christy blessed baby boy Declan and we all had a fun time bbqing at their house after. Man it was a super hot one though. It was roasting the whole week! That evening we went to Papa and Grammy's house for dinner and some ice cream sundaes. Delilah got Papa to spray whipped cream in her mouth! We played a fun game called ice creamopoly.
Monday packed the truck up and headed to camp at the beach with friends. We reserved a camp site in Carlsbad 6 months prior. It was tricky remembering everything you need to camp, but it was super fun! Our campsite overlooked the ocean and it was just a quick walk down to the beach. Chloë and Delilah shared their own tent. Gerrit, Alice and I were in another. The kids had fun playing sun up to sun down. It was fun to get to hang out with people in the ward and get to know them better. I totally want to go again next year, but Gerrit isn't so sure. He wants a hotel room and just meet people at the beach every day. bah humbug.
After beach camping we loaded up and drove back to Gigi's house. I promised the kiddos I would take them to Disneyland separately. So Chloë, Gigi and I got right back in the car and drove to Disneyland! It was so fun. All the Halloween decor was up and we did whatever Chloë wanted to do that day. Summer and her family happened to be at Disneyland that day too! We hooked up with them for a while and had a great time hanging out. It's like we never skipped a beat. The firework show was awesome. They always have great fireworks, but this is the first time we have stood on main street to watch. They even had stuff projected on the buildings. The next day I took Delilah and Alice alone. I gave them a surprise Tsum Tsum for the trip! (ps the kids are obsessed with Tsum Tsums which they call cheeps) We went on all the little rides for these two cute girls and when we went to see Pooh Bear we were surprised to see PIGLET!!! Never once since I've been to Disneyland have I ever seen Piglet. The girls were so excited. Especially Alice. I took way too many pictures but It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Tigger played with their cheeps and Pooh gave the cheeps honey. Adorable! We got treats and met up with Camille and her girlies. It was fun having all these little girls excited to be at Disney.
While we were gone Chloë had fun with cousins and made an impressive cinnamon roll in the shape of an elephant! When it was time to say goodbye it was hard to leave, but the kids quickly forgot and had a sword fight the entire way home.
I wanted to go on a bike ride but my bike didn't have a bike seat so I put Alice in my basket with a helmet and a seat belt. She was my little toto dog and loved it! We drove all over the neighborhood. October weather is soooo amazing.
A friend of mine was in charge of the ward Halloween Party. She was kinda freaking out and asked if I would help. Of course I wanted to, I love decorating. We spent all day setting up outside when a random rain storm came and wiped us out. Just as we thought it would clear up it started to Hail!!! So we made an executive decision to set up inside. When the bishopric came they were upset that we set up inside. I was like hello it was hailing! We didn't move the move the party back outside and it was a good thing since it rained the entire night and the party was cleaned up and I was home by 8:30
Our second party was at the Bendixen's house. Gerrit and I decided to go as Pee-Wee Herman and Miss Yvonne from Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I did an excellent job on the costumes if I do say so myself. But the real award went to Gerrit acting and dancing like Pee-Wee the entire night. No one is more committed than Gerrit.
Halloween was filled with trick or treating. Delilah is always done pretty early. While we were out we ran into some of her friends...Elidy and Parker. I took Delilah home and Gerrit walked the neighborhood with our pre Teen and Alice in the stroller. Alice Trick or Treated til she dropped literally. Her face ended up in her candy bucket at the end of the night! Then kids went through their candy and Chloë sorted them out the next day! Later that evening Gerrit attended his work party as Jim Dangle from Reno 911! Another great commitment from Gerrit. Not sure who loves Halloween more, him or me!



















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment