Every Step of our new amazing back yard! This summer ended so sweet. This is the life!
We had the worst grass ever and the most beautiful oak tree. The tree was huge and the leaves all fall off in the winter so it had to go. We were so sad to see it crash and burn.


Next they came and sprayed out a quick sketch of the pool design. This was for the men who would be digging the pool. Then they maneuvered that massive back hoe in my yard perfectly. 7 feet deep to 2 feet deep on the Baja area.
Plumbing happened while we were in California! I had people checking in on our progress.
Next comes the rebar. This is steel bars that will hold the concrete. I couldn't believe how big it was at this point. I knew the measurements in my head, but it's another thing to see it dug in your yard.
The next team that came was the Shot crete people. They tarped the yard and starting spraying concrete out of a hose. It was so powerful. One wrong move and my house would have been covered in concrete. That team used tools to square off all the steps and benches and make the inside smooth. I had some conversations with some of the workers. They told me they should have gone to college. I told them I was happy they were good at their job.
After concrete you have to spray the pool down and keep it wet for 5 days. This can be tricky when its 110 outside. We all took turns watering our concrete friend.
Then my turquoise tile men came and made the inside pretty. They also were the team that did the coping on the pool and the patio decking.
The last step was the final inside material of the pool. I chose a material made from quartz with a few silver abalone shells in it. I wanted the pool as white as it could be.
And when they were cleaned up they stuck two garden hoses in the pool to start the fill up!
We needed to wait to put chemicals in the pool so we enjoyed our newly delivered Hot Tub instead.
Then the fake grass was installed and we were in business! Everything turned out exactly how I wanted it. How many times does that actually happy?! Happy Swimming















































No comments:
Post a Comment