School's Out! Of course we made our trip to Gigi's house in California for some celebrating. Gigi had a mini birthday party for Alice and we spent lots of time at the beach. Some days were colder than others but we still had a blast.
Disneyland started the 60th Anniversary with new decorations and shows. We decided to got check everything out. We had a great time as usual and we love the new parade! It's like a remake of the Electrical Parade that we all love so much.
I made a quick trip back to AZ to see Phantom of the Opera with some girls from the ward. I bought the tickets so long ago and then realized I would be gone. Gigi hung out with the kids for me while I went home for a few days. Phantom was awesome. That was my first time seeing it!
When I got back Gerrit was there too and we all went to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It was really cool. We got to do a safari and see so many cool animals. The girls stood and stared at the elephants for what seemed like an hour. They love elephants, especially my Chloë. Since the park is in Escondido we stopped in to see Gerrit's grandparents. It was fun catching up with the family and getting our hugs in. They are so cute.
In LA we had fun with Jarond visiting the Train park. It was a new place we had never been. The kids had fun running around and going on the trains. The parents had fun watching and taking pics. We went to Griffith Park and finally were able to ride the Carousel. This is the original carousel and it has been used in so many movies. Its also said this is where Walt Disney came up with his Disneyland ideas and the carousel in Mary Poppins. After the carousel we went over to the other area of Griffith Park and visited the abandoned LA zoo. The kids love this place. Jarond found some old photos of the zoo so the kids recreated them and we used an app to put animal heads on their bodies. We were having fun messing around with it. Then we visited the BAT CAVE! It was so awesome! We hiked around and exported there for a long time! We finished the trip by helping mom do some house work and Gerrit put all her hardware on the cabinets!
Back in AZ it was only 113 degrees as we celebrated Father's Day. I made some good food and Alice wanted to steal all the cupcakes. The girls picked out some cute presents for Gerrit. He is seriously the best Father I've ever known. He is supportive, funny, loving, a hard worker, and plays so well with the kids. We are lucky to have him. Alice started swimming lessons and killed it!
Then came Girls Camp....This was my first one since I was 17 years old. It wasn't as bad as when I was 17 but it wasn't that great either. It was hot and it was long, but our girls are no drama and super fun! The leaders are just as great and I had a wonderful time getting to know them all much better at camp. I was in charge of decorations and the girls loved them. Maybe I have a new outlook on camp. I just really wish it had A/C

































































































No comments:
Post a Comment