Aug 21, 2013

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten (and 3rd Grade)

The last night of Summer we ate at In N Out Burger.  This is where the girls pinky swore they would be Best Friends Forever.  I can't wait to pull this picture out when they are 13 and 16.  

A few days earlier we went to meet the teacher night.  The girls were excited to check out their new classrooms!  Delilah has Mrs. Earl and Chloë has Mrs. Varker.

The next morning we all headed to Highland Park Elementary.  We had to walk through what seemed like thousands of people to find their classes and line up on the blacktop.  We found Chloë's line and I had to say goodbye to her.  Since Delilah lines up on the other side of the school, I had to leave Chloë there alone, not knowing a soul.  After I hugged her and walked away I was choking back tears.  I had to keep it together for my Kindergartener next.  

Delilah did great.  She walked in with her class and took a seat on the carpet.  It was weird saying goodbye to her knowing she was now in school the rest of her life.  Ugh.  I cried the whole way home hoping I wouldn't be walking next to someone in the ward.  

After school the kids were very excited.  Chloë told me later that she felt like she was going to cry when I walked away.  My heart broke when she told me that.  She is so tender hearted.  I revealed that I was crying but was trying to hold it in so I wouldn't scare her.  She is a great kid and everyone she comes in contact with is lucky to know her.  Delilah did really great.  I was worried the most about lunch since let's face it, she is anorexic.  She ate all her lunch and even threw away her ice pack.  Whoops, guess I forgot to tell her what that big blue thing was.  This year will be interesting for her.  She will grow up so much, and learn to be so much more independent.  I can tell she is already more cheerful from going to school.  She loves it!










 Alice had the playroom to herself.  I don't think she cared!


1 comment:

naomi said...

Oh man, your girls are getting so big in some ways. Alice looks like a real little lady in that picture x