This summer marked our first (hopefully annual) girl trip with the Boswell side cousins. Camille, Laura, & Dana planned a sweet trip for us in Palm Springs CA. Of course it was August so it wasn't any cooler than AZ but it didn't matter because we didn't have 26 children asking for anything and we were poolside all weekend long. Adrian flew to Arizona to drive with the rest of the sisters to Palm Springs. It was a fun drive and we indulged in a shared pack of Hostess Crumb Donuts. Hostess made a comeback and I swear they taste better than they used to. When we got to the house the others had been moving furniture around to accommodate the masses. We checked out the Hollywood decor (plus other added random decor choices) headed to lunch and let the weekend begin!
Some of us went to get matchy matchy manicures. I had the bartender at the house make me a coctail and then it was off to dinner. Bill's Pizza was amazing and the pizza Karis and I shared was called Delilah. It was so good!
The next morning we went for a walk then traded our legs in for bikes. We did a bike tour around the neighborhood and found the house Elvis and Pricilla stayed in for their honeymoon.
We hit Sherman's for lunch and went over to the giant Marilyn Monroe statue. We asked a lady to take our picture jumping in front of the Palm Springs sign. When we were done these 3 young girls asked Rach if we were traveling gymnasts. That made us feel pretty special. Rach was the first to Instagram the picture and I was mortified when I realized my G's were hanging out the bottom of my dress like biker shorts. We laughed all the way home til we were crying.
On the drive home we hit a serious storm. I scored this pic out the window!
Gerrit took care of these crazies while I was gone. I missed them, but it was great to get away.





























No comments:
Post a Comment