And we are off to Utah for a week! This trip was bitter sweet. I really wanted Gerrit to be able to come, but his school wouldn't swing it. We still had a good time, but we missed dad a lot. We left from Long Beach which is always fun since you get to walk the runway. This flight was easy since it was only an hour and a half.
Summer picked us up at the airport and we spent the first night with her. It was so fun to see her and her sweet little kids. We spent all day Saturday together and went to the Joy of Music concert by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I won the online lottery and got 4 tickets. Janell and Gerrit's aunt Arlene met us at Cafe Rio for dinner and we headed to the concert. Mark and Sara watched the girls and they had a great time. So did we!
Waiting for Grandpa the next morning to get home from church. As soon as he was home it was playing as usual.
Sunday night I headed up to Rachel's for a reunion. We ate good food and watched the Bachelorette finale. It was so great to see her and laugh. I will miss that girl so much.
Monday we went to the Living Planet Aquarium. Grandpa had never been before and really wanted to experience it with the kids. We all had a great time. They had a bunch of new exhibits we have never seen before. Chloë finally touched the sting ray! Alice waved hi to every thing in there.
After the Aquarium we met up with the Sperry's and the Keller's for some killer food at Joe Vera's. Then headed to the park to play and hang out. The Keller's left a little early because Tiff was feeling like she was gonna have the baby. She had Ava the next morning! The kids had such a great time playing and it was so fun catching up with our friends.
Tuesday = Pioneer Day! The festivities we've all been waiting for. We got up and got dressed in our finest gear. Took tons of pictures and headed to the Pioneer Festival at the park. The Sperry's met us there and we played tons of games and checked out exhibits. Chad won the Root Beer chugging contest and when we were all done we ate at Brick Oven for lunch. My kids absolutely love this holiday and it's their special time with Grandma. Later that evening we went to see new baby Ava.
The best part of the trip for Chloë
Wednesday we checked in on our memories and had a family BBQ at Mark and Sara's place
210 South 400 West our first house together
722 East 50 South our second house together
Great Grandma Boswell's house
Provo Tabernacle AKA Provo City Center Temple
Did I mention I've been sharing a room with this chic for weeks now. She is dreamy.
Did some other fun things around town too. When I got back Dan had sold his truck. I could't believe it was gone! It's like losing a member of the family. He ended up selling it to Salt lake Hale Center Theater for a prop. Which is actually kinda fun.
Thursday night I spent the night at Summer's and she took me to Adrian's house in the morning before my flight. Summer's kids are so cute and it was really fun spending the night and morning with them. It was fun to see Adrian and Ryan's new place. They are so happy. It was really cute.
Niya"mom is this Mickey Massage?"















































3 comments:
Wow! Fun trip!
Wow, it looks like you really packed it in!! What a trooper to bring the girls by yourself. (I've done that, too). Fun that you got to be there for Pioneer Day. Your girls look SO cute!
I was dying the whole time I was reading this post. Your girls are sooo cute!! I loved seeing them dressed up in all the old Halloween costumes, and they were beyond adorable in the pioneer dresses. Also, I can't believe that the old blue truck is going to be in a play!
Post a Comment