Aug 5, 2012

Summer Super Trip 2012 Part 4: Knott's Berry Farm

Our big adventure in California this time was Knott's Berry Farm.  Haven't been in years.  Karis and her family bought season passes so I thought it would be fun to take the kids too.  Mom and Jarond joined the fun.  I forget how cool this place is.  The decor is amazing and the rides are really quite scary.  The day started out really rough with Delilah crying her eyes out on the cheesiest ride and then I lost my Ray Bans on the same ride.  I ran back and said a prayer that someone would be honest.  It was a miracle I got them back.  Thanks to the random girl who had a change of heart! We had some amazing rides with everyone.  I was laughing at some of the combination of riders we had.  Jarond was scared to go on stuff but got through it and really enjoyed it.  He told us he used to sneak out at night and go to Knott's when he was young.  Marty, Jarond, Braedon and I are definitely the daredevils in the family.  We had a blast.  Chloë went on Montezuma's Revenge and went upside down for her first time.  She was so brave.  Jarond, Marty and I rode Supreme Scream and Jarond definitely had a scream in him.  Delilah got a bit braver and enjoyed Camp Snoopy while the other kids did big things.  We left for dinner at El Pollo Loco and for Jarond to catch the train back to LA.  Then Karis, Marty, Kate, Ellie, Chloë and I stayed til closing.  They finally got the cotton candy they wanted so bad and I finished the night with an authentic Knott's Berry Pie.  Soooo good.



















No comments: