May 18, 2010

My Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to me!  I have such a cute family and I'm so happy to be a mom.  The girls and I have such a great time together.  They have such a rad relationship with each other.  I love to just watch them do their thing.  Now that Delilah is getting older they can truly be sisters and playmates.  They both are so funny and have special characteristics from each other.  Since Gerrit's work schedule is challenging we are really the 3 Musketeers.  I love the time we spend together. 
Enjoying a beautiful spring day



















Dear Chloe,
You are so sweet and caring.  I was so scared when I found out I was pregnant with you.  Your dad and I had only been married for a few months and I was not planning on buying a home and getting pregnant at the same time.  Needless to say I was having daily freak out episodes.  I remember the Dr. yelling out,"that's a big baby!" and nurse following up with,"look at the rolls on her."  From the moment I saw you, I knew you would be the best little girl ever.  You are such an obedient little thing and always fun to be with.  I love how you are not the typical girl.  You have always loved Ninja Turtles and Scooby-Doo.  I love that you turn on "Boomerang" (the old school cartoons) and think they are hilarious.  You are such an amazing sister.  Delilah can be hard to share with and you always do it with a smile and you never treat her unkind.  Thank you for being my best friend.


Dear Delilah,
You are so funny and crazy. I remember feeling so scared I could never love another little girl. You proved me wrong. I look forward to seeing you every time you wake up. You make us all laugh with your random phrase's. I couldn't believe how little you were when you were born. Now that your two it hasn't changed much. People are always saying, "look how little she is." We had a tough time in the beginning, but you have turned it around. You are a little more "girly" than your sister, but you are still in love with Pippi Longstocking and Yo Gabba Gabba. I love hearing you sing along to things. I know it's hard to be the little sister, but one day you will get to boss someone around. Thank you for being the charmer of the house.





















Gerrit gave me a beautiful painting of Mary and Joseph painted by Joe Brickey.  He really suprised me this year!  I love that I had no clue.
And my tulips are in full bloom

Happy Mother's Day!


4 comments:

Sperry Family said...

Did you get those ice creams from the ice cream truck? Man, I miss the ice cream so much! He's doesn't travel this far south sadly!

SQ said...

what a cute sweet post. i love the new mustache header on your blog!

Christie said...

I agree with SQ abt. your new header. I love the idea of writing letters to your kids on Mothers Day. You're a great mom, always having fun with your girls!

Kara said...

Such great pictures. Hooray for the ice cream truck and hooray for being a mom. Your girls are so great.