Mar 18, 2010

SLCT First Timer

This afternoon Gerrit and I attended a wedding in the Salt Lake Temple.  Gerrit's Ward Mission Leader from Ohio invited us to his daughter's big day.  It was such a sweet wedding.  In my family I am used to 80+ people in the sealing room.  Today we had the pleasure of about 15.  The day was rainy and about 50 degrees.  I thought it was beautiful.  Maybe the bride didn't.  The Salt Lake Temple sure is a site to see.  I can't believe they built it by hand, and it only took about 40 years.  Can't wait to go back and see more of this beautiful place.
A few posts back I posted some funny pics of my sister in law Scarlett.  Gerrit is following in her footsteps as I test the lighting in the waiting room.  His face is so night and day.
This painting is really cool in the waiting room.  I took the picture and thought it was so cool that it looked like light was shining on it from a window or something.  Then I realized it was actually painted like that.
I think I kind of look like an elf in this picture.

2 comments:

Saunja said...

I'm so glad you're blogging so much again. You are so funny. Elf girl.

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

I love rainy days too, well most of the time. Beautiful pictures! Love the princess shoes, your girls are so cute!