Feb 13, 2010

Family Time

A few months back I told Jarond it would be really fun if he came to visit us in Utah. I think he has only been here maybe 4 times including a layover to NY. He agreed and then realized it would be in February during the winter months. He held strong with his deal and came anyway. My mom always comes to celebrate the kids birthdays with us. To my surprise Karis joined in the fun too! Having them here for a few short days really took away the pain of the frigid month. We had so much fun and I wish they could have stayed longer.
Whenever my mom flys in we go to the Sandy Aquarium. The place isn't very big, but the girls love it.
I love watching Chloe be a big sister. Holding Delilah's hand and helping her out.
The Yellow Banded Poison Dart Frog is one of my favorites.
Before Gigi came Chloe made sure she was bringing her Mickey Mouse shirt. The next day they all matched.
After we picked up Karis from the airport we had a few hours til Jarond came in. We went to Gateway and ate lunch at Rumbi and walked around the stores. After we picked up Jarond we drove around and looked at the city. The Joseph Smith Museum was still opened so we dropped in.

Chloe and the Brass Plates
Delilah feeding a statue a cookie
The museum had a cool exhibit about how they built the Tabernacle. They had a fake pulpit set up, so Chloe gave us a special talk.
Jarond listening to her powerful words
Chloe took a picture of us from the pulpit. Pretty good for holding a few pounds of camera
Then we went to the children's part of the museum. They had a nursery set up to talk about how we came into the world. Chloe took care of the baby and made a birth certificate for her
Here is Delilah touching Pres. Hinkley's Walnut tree. They made the new pulpit a the the Conference Center out of it.
Hold to the Rod Delilah
Karis taking it all in
Making stained glass pictures (into it)
Next to a temple sized Moroni
The night of the girls b-day party we went to one of our favorites Joe Vera's. Side note....this restaurant is on center street in Provo. A while back I was on a walk and noticed it and went in to look at the menu. I said to the lady," I've never noticed you guys before are you new?" She then replied," we've been her for 30 years." Haha I felt so lame.
Jarond gave the girls Pippi Longstocking and the South Seas for a birthday present. We all watched it and my mom made home made popcorn. Sweet memories that night. When it was over we had a wig party. It all started because I have a Pippi wig. Then all the wigs came out. Karis made me promise to never show her picture. It was truly amazing though.
The day Karis and Jarond left I took them to this lovely french/italian cafe. The food is so good there.
Outside is this cute little bench
After they left our Salt Lake excursion continued, first we went to the new Family History Library
Then the girls wanted to see the temple
After that we headed to the Church Office Building.  On the 26th floor is the observation deck, where you can view the city all around you.  It was the perfect day to do this.  So beautiful.
Then we headed over the The Daughter's of the Utah Pioneers Museum.  The cute old lady working said," This is the mother load of pioneer museums"  She was right.  This place was huge!
Old school firetruck
Cool old chair collection
Thanks for coming you guys!  I love you so much.

2 comments:

Karis said...

Cool... I get to be the first again to comment! Great pictures! I wish I took some more. Thanks for not showing my wig picture. although, it would be pretty fun to show it to my family. You need to send it to me. I had a great time! Thanks for having us!

Lamb Fam said...

First, I grew up in UT and have never been to those museums (I guess that's how it goes). They look awesome!
And how fun to have both sibs and your mom here at the same time!