Feb 11, 2010

I've Got a Golden Ticket

Chloe and Delilah have been really into Willy Wonka and wanted a Wonka birthday party.  I don't know what it is about them wanting things that aren't available.  I think I need to stop introducing them to things that are so old.  Since we couldn't buy anything we decided to make a lot of things.  The party turned out really cool and we even had some special visitors.  Mom, Karis and Jarond all came for the festivities.  I'm pretty sure they had a good time.  Here is the party in pics!

First I bought Nestle Bars and rewrapped them with the old Wonka logo.  I added a special Golden Ticket for the party invite.
Of course I wanted the special gear for the girls to wear, so I made them some cute shirts and clips.  Chloe wanted to dress as Willy and I had everything she needed, but when the time came she forgot all about it.
The Oompa's eyebrows are my favorite part of this shirt.
This cake was pretty easy to make. I really thought it turned out perfect
This is the first time I've ever had helium balloons at a party.  Each guest left with one.
Here is our house all decorated. Janell had good ideas of making our own candy. So we put painted paper plates together and wrapped them with cellophane. 
When the guests arrived they came through the factory gates and took a picture with the Oompa Loompas. Here are some Willy's to wonder about.  Side note....Chloe told Gigi, "I should borrow Uncle Jarond's hair for a wig, since it looks just like Willy Wonka's hair."  I was amazed she came up with that on her own. 
We played a musical chairs type game to the Oompa Loompa song.
Delilah basically stood there as the kids went past her
My 5 year old
My 2 year old
I love this picture of Chloe opening gifts.  It's so typical.  All the kids are shoving gifts in her face and getting so close you can't even see what's going on.  This picture was successful though.
Jarond was the photographer while Delilah and I opened her gifts.  He said he felt like he was in the paparazzi.
Karis got this cool Polaroid thing from Jarond for Christmas.  We just hooked it up to my camera and out printed stickers of the kids in the Willy face.  So cool.
Beginning of the party
End of the party
It was so fun.  We had 20 kids there.  All but 2 showed up.  The girls got some really cool stuff and the kids all had tons of fun.  Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

Lamb Fam said...

Are you freaking kidding me?! My kids are getting JIPPED. seriously.

Andrea said...

Wow, you might be the coolest mom ever!

Bailey said...

This is pretty much the most adorable & creative birthday party I've ever seen. That oompa loompa shirt is genius.

Alison said...

how did you get the letters on the cake so perfect?! You're magic.

dana said...

Kam, awesome party. It looks adorable/cute/fun/totally rad.

Rachel Miller said...

Kam you are probably the coolest mom ever!!! Everything turned out so cute. I love the Wonka bars and the Wonka cake. Wish I could have been there!

Suman Family said...

such a great party! those photo booth pics are sort of freaky though. haha. glad it turned out just how you wanted and that you got to spend time with the fam.