Dec 8, 2009

Giving Thanks


This year was our year to spend Thanksgiving in Arizona!  This is always my favorite time of year.  Thanksgiving, Birthday, Mexican Fiesta, and our Wedding Anniversary.  So many things to celebrate.  We had so much fun in Arizona this year.  Especially the part where it was about 80 degrees the whole time.  We were able to do so many fun things.  We got to hang out with one of Gerrit's old mission companions and his new wife (Mike and Alyse), go to the Phoenix Zoo, eat A LOT of food, play games at Rachael's and Bren's, make gingerbread houses, visit my grandma, run in a 10K, play soccer and Frisbee golf.  So many fun things.  I love spending Thanksgiving with my extended family.  They are all so cool and fun to be with.  It was a little strange to not have Granner there this year.  My mom did a cute little slide show of her and Grandpa and Uncle Bruce to remind us of why our family is so strong and has so much fun together.  This year I turned 31!  (Dana turned 33 he he).  I was able to run in my first race ever.  The race participants were Karis, Marty, Wendi, Carly and Me!  It was a 10K through Mesa.  It was so cool.  I was so proud and I got teary eyed at the end.  Marty came back to run the finish line with me.  To his surprise he didn't have to come back very far to find me.  Chloe and Delilah had so much fun with there cousins.  Delilah is growing up so much.  She is just a little kid now and wants to play with the other kids.  She and Chloe are really cute together.  Chloe is so patient with her and takes really good care of her.  It was so nice to have my husband around for a whole week!  On our anniversary I got some pretty flowers and we were able to visit my Grandma and go see the Mesa Temple lights.  6 years of bliss has flown by.  He is an amazing person.  He is so supportive of me and I love him so much.

I used to visit the Phoenix Zoo a lot when I was little.  The entrance has these cute turtles swimming in the lake.  They used to have this cool Alligator Exhibit, but since then the've taken it out.  Sad times.



































They must have this radar for the tram, but we like to test our skills. Gerrit got a whopping 13MPH!

Monkey Kissing

My new camera wasn't dissapointing me






They have this fake cow that milks water by the petting zoo.


















Thanksgiving Day 10K!

Prep Work

This is what Chloe was doing during prep work.


The Feast

The Desserts (Karis made her first pie!)


Santa hung out at our families Thanksgiving this year!

The Grown Ups.  Thanks for the festivities.

Beautiful AZ night

The next day the guys needed some exercise

Mexican Freakin' Fiesta



Jessica made this cute hideout for the kids complete with lighting.  They did arts and crafts the whole time.

Fun times and fun people





Gingerbread Making



It's always fun to visit Grandma Gibbs. She never wants me to take her picture but I end up snaking like 50 pics.  She is such an elegant person, and I can see where my dad gets his sense of humor.  We brought her one of the Gingerbread houses the kids made.  She loved it.

Everytime a grandchild or great grandchild is born she gets these porcelian booties made with all the information on them.  She has a huge glass case full.  Such a cute tradition.




We went to see the Mesa Temple lights after our visit with Grandma




Chloe was holding Delilah's hand by the Christus


Perfect way to spend our anniversary.  Love you babe!

2 comments:

t h said...

Love the blog Kam. I like the Team Cheese theme color.

naomi said...

Kam, you're mad skinny. I'm loving this blog too.