Nov 19, 2009

Karis is 36!


Karis turned 36 years old 2 days ago which only means I'm turning 31 in a few more.  I thought about her birthday as early as 7am but thought it was a little to early to call and celebrate.  I waited til 11 and when I called I completely spaced about her birthday.  I just chatted her ear off and then started closing the call with, "Well I guess I don't have anything else to say."  Karis said, "How about Happy Birthday?"  HAHAHAHA I felt so totally lame!  So I replied with, " Oh ya! Happy Birthday!"  Somehow it just wasn't the same.  It was mostly fun being her little sister, but I have to say it's more fun just being her grown up sister.  It's cool to get to know eachother better and ask for advice on being a parent and a spouse and anything else that comes our way.  It doesn't seem like we are 5 years apart anymore.  I'm sure I don't know how much she helped me in those early years (about 7 to 15).  I love her so much. 

6 comments:

Sperry Family said...

Chloe is your twin, Holy cow! It's nice to see you posting again slacker! Can't wait for our cruise!

Suman Family said...

haha. that is a funny story! love it. happy b'day karis! cute pics.

Saunja said...

I LOVE that picture of you and Karis. And cute family photo at the top of your blog too.

SQ said...

awe sisters. i got teary eyed. am i hormonal?

erin said...

oh yeah! you're back to blogging!! cute picture of you. its good to catch up on what you guys have been up to.

Karis said...

thanks Kam for the nice post for my bday!! sorry it took me so long to see it. I agree its been nice as we get older to relate on a more mature level!! I had so much fun at your house. It's fun spending time with you! Love you!