Every year we go to the same Christmas tree lot and get our favorite kind of tree (Alpine Fur). We always go on our Wedding Anniversary, except this year we were in Arizona on our Anniversary. So a few days late, we went and picked up our tree straight off a truck from Montana. I toyed with getting a fuller tree this year, but then I went back to my favorite. Gerrit is such a good sport, while I contemplate over and over. We brought it home and started our Christmas spirit.
Finding the perfect tree
This lot takes the tops and bottoms of the trees they cut and makes little trees for the kids to go home with. Chloe always looks forward to decorating her own little tree.
Time to decorate
The finished product. This year I did Silver, White, Clear and Sparkles. When I was little my Grandma Gibbs would always have the most elegant trees. Now I'm way into decorating Christmas Trees. I buy new ornaments every year. I think it turned out really cute this year.
After we decorated our tree the first real snow came. It's been pretty warm this year, but it finally turned winter. As always Chloe was soooo excited. Gerrit and I not so much. I was expecting Delilah to be a little more confused, but so far she likes it. The snow is so peaceful when it's happening. Then reality sets in and you realize you have to do everything with 2 kids in the snow. Lame.
This is a view from my front porch
Ready to play mom!
She likes to eat the snow. I caught her doing this
The Living Nativity is something Gerrit's Mom's Stake does. Janell is in charge of all the costumes. She does a really good job. They have been doing this for years outside the Provo Tabernacle. Last year they moved it inside, for warmth. The only bummer is the animals can't be in the show anymore. They have to chill outside and wait for the people to come visit them.
2 comments:
I love the tree!
Tell Chloe that Ellie loves her snow angel:)
Wow, I can't believe that you buy new ornaments every year. That's impressive!
And funny picture of Chloe eating the snow.
Post a Comment