This year we spent Christmas at own house. All though I love seeing my family, I really really love just spending it at home with Gerrit and the girls. This year Delilah was old enough to actually get into it. As always Chloe was happy with the outcome. I love our sweet little family, and I am so grateful for the birth of Christ.
In June our friend Ben McPherson finished this painting called "Playing Grace" He asked Chloe to be the model in the painting. As payment he brought us this beautiful print just in time for Christmas.
The next day I was at Big Lots (my new favorite store) and bought the girls their very own tree. They thought it was so fun to have one in their room even if it was only for a week.
We have a Christmas party with Gerrit's (and mine now) friends every year. Now we have resulted in going out to dinner instead of planning everything. This year we all went to Ruby River Steak House and saw Avatar the 3 hour long movie. Both were very fun.
(The Scarpinos, Sperrys, Kellers, Millers, Reynolds, and Martins)
The past few years we have been holding Christmas Eve at our house. Janell says I make it look cuter than her house. We basically have Thanksgiving dinner all over again, and then read the Nativity while the girls put the Nativity together. Then we have cupcakes for Jesus' birthday.
Of course no party is complete without Rock Band on the Wii. Here is Natalie, Chloe, Chris and Scarlett killing it on the Beatles.
Annual Christmas morning hallway pic.
Chloe got a Velveteen Rabbit in her stocking. I was hoping she wouldn't really expect it to become real. This is one of the two things she asked Santa for (the other was Gator Golf and he didn't disapoint). As for Gerrit, a lump of coal.
Delilah got a stroller from Santa
The coveted April O'Neil
Gerrit got me two pairs of Gingher sewing scissors, and the picture was really cute. I accidentally erased it off my camera so this is the only pic of me on Christmas morn. Sad times.
I got Gerrit some footed pjs from the boys section. He really wanted them but they were a little snug. When he opened them Delilah was super excited. She thought they were "Cozy" and kept getting close to Gerrit.
Let's golf!
Here is the annual Loot pictures
Then at lunch time we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We opened our gifts from each other there and ate left over's. I love spending time with my "in laws". I'm so grateful I've lived in Provo long enough to get to know them so well. Scarlett and Chris were here from Brooklyn and Natalie was here from LA.
This is me after a long day.
The next day we went on a drive to a town called Ophir. It's an old mining town. Dan spent his younger years riding motorcycles there and still goes to explore when weather permits. We drove though the town and heard lots of stories. We even got out to take some pics. It was 15 degrees; I'm not sure what we were thinking. Natalie got out of the weather while at home lying sick in bed.
Of course the season wouldn't be complete without my puzzle addiction. I did this one by myself in a day and a half.
6 comments:
You have such a cute fam! Can't wait to see the new print. I noticed Chloe had a Charlie and the Choc. Factory CD (or was it a DVD)? Carly got that for her Christmas book this year, and all 3 girls LOVE it!
You got some amazing pics.
So fun.
I like your Christmas post. It will be a new years res. for me to start blogging again! I like all your pics! And tell Delilah...totally!
I love Gerritt's pajamas the best!
Okay, first of all, your blog looks really cute. Second, Gerrit is scaring me in those pajamas. And third, I can't believe how much Chloe looks exactly like you and Delilah looks so much like Gerrit! Fun Christmas pictures.
I can't believe you're back to blogging! I'm adding you back to my Google Reader. Looks like you had a great Christmas!
I love that mosaic on the fireplace. It is so classy. Love the floor too. I CAN NOT BELIEVE DELILAH is playing rockband..... bah, she grew up in the last like 5 months!!! I love that Chloe got April O'neil for Christmas too hahahaha. So great. Your girls are gorgeous.
Post a Comment