Jun 13, 2008

Movin' On


I haven't really wanted to post about this yet cuz it's actually kinda emotional. 3 weeks ago Gerrit and I decided we just needed a bigger space for our family. Our home is so amazing but we are bursting at the seams. From the playroom/nursery/sewing room to the master bedroom/office/salon we decided to find something a little bigger. I had my eye on a cute 1940 rambler in Provo. We basically put our house up for sale for that house and then it got stolen from us. For the next week we kept our house on the market and looked at about 25 homes in our price range. We hated everything. Then to our surprise after taking the proper measures to know if this move was right for us, the home fell in our lap again. This time it stuck. We looked at the 5 offers on our home and picked the right one for us. So it's official. We are movin' on. I don't really know how I will be able to live 11 blocks away and not want to drive by our first home together everyday. I have a feeling I will sneak a peek every time we visit Gerrit's parents. Chloe is kinda having a hard time with it also. She just wants to sleep in her room. Hopefully this move will be good for her too. I'm super excited to have more space but believe me their will be a lot of crying come July 16Th.

Our new house, 3 bedrooms, 1 salon, 1 bathroom (gerrit's putting in the second), a living room and a family room. Double the square footage.

11 comments:

janaya said...

HOLY COW!!!! i'm in shock, kinda sad too, but super excited for you guys! more space. that's so great. i can't wait to see more pictures. awwwww... your cute little house... :(

Suman Family said...

we love your old house too but being able to spread out will be great! love that you'll have a playroom. sounds so luxurious.

debra said...

That's a big deal Kam, but I'm so excited for you! I think the best part is that you will always have those memories of your first home together... I love the attachments you have to things. You're awesome & I miss you!

the bates motel said...

i'm sooo excited for you guys! it will be hard i'm sure, but worth it for so many reasons! good luck w/ the move and all! hopefully we'll get to see it when we come out there in the end of july!

Erika Scarpino said...

Yea!! that will be good for you guys.... I am excited for you!

Camille said...

YAYYYYYY!!!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys and very jealous of the extra square footage :).
Very cool for you guys. can't wait to see all the inside photos.

teresa and the boys said...

Awwww.... when we moved out of our first (town)home, I totally cried for days. It was rough on Coop too, who was 2&1/2 at the time. He just kept asking to go home. So sad.

But!!!! But.... so exciting for you guys! You know, now you totally have to have a housewarming party so we can all come take a peek! No pressure. =)

Camille said...

Wow Kam, that's so great! How exciting. I bet it will feel so wonderful having all that extra space. I hope the move all goes well and it's not too sad for you guys. Hopefully we'll make a trip up there this year and we can see the new place in person.

dana said...

Btw Kam, that comment from Camille was actually from me. I kept leaving comments on blogs while the computer was logged in as her. I'm retarded. She's excited for your house too!

Heidi Peterson said...

I am soooo sad with you:( I love that cute house. You guys have added so much to it! But as everyone else has said it will for sure be nice to have more space to live in:) Love the new house, can't wait to see it after you get all moved in!

erin said...

I am in total shock that you're leaving your house. But how exciting for your new little adventure. The new place is cute. I can't wait to see the inside.