May 19, 2008

Stupid Ducks

The last week I've been searching for ducks to feed. Probably 5 different parks and no freakin ducks. I mean come on, I'm trying to do something fun for my kid. I finally found one called Paul Ream Wilderness Park. It had about 10 ducks so we brought the hot dog buns and got started. Chloe and I chucked 2 buns in the pond and those stupid ducks wouldn't eat anything. I told Chloe that they were the only ducks in Provo and were probably full. So Chloe settled for playing on the playground instead. It was totally hot that day and despite the beautiful wilderness stuff, it had like no shade. Poor Chloe was so hot and the playing didn't last long.




We went back again today with the same buns and those ducks didn't want anything to do with them again! I can't believe it. Have ducks ever refused to eat before. Instead we opted into watching the river and looking at the beautiful scenery. I do have those buns in my car still. Maybe they will be hungry by they time the buns are moldy. That will teach them to eat my bread!

9 comments:

Suman Family said...

Haha! Ducks. The ones in Huntington are super hungry so next time you're here we can hit them up. There are usually ducks at that little pond on 800 North on BYU campus. You know - where every family takes their family photos? You should see if they're hungry.

dana said...

Funny post. I have seriously been searching everywhere here in Pasadena for the same thing. Only we don't have any ducks AT ALL. But you're right if there were some, they'd prob be full from the hordes of people wanting to feed them.
Funny pic of Chloe "looking hot".

teresa and the boys said...

Since when did ducks get all picky and gourmet? Maybe they only eat whole grain?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a beautiful park. How cute is that pic of Chloe in the middle of the bridge?! I love it! She's so cute. That's hilarious about the ducks.

janaya said...

i'm almost positive that there's a ton of ducks at the pond at the south end of byu campus. there's this tiny little pond (on the north side of 800 north) just jam-packed with ducks... and turtles, actually. you should check it out... they'll eat pretty much anything. :)

janaya said...

doh... should have read laura's comment... so, in case you didn't know... there's these ducks on 800 north...

erin said...

you are such an adorable mom! so cute!

Laisa said...

Chloe is so adorable.....we haven't seen you guys since Veterans Pool 2 years ago & Chloe was a baby. Congrats on your new baby - what a cute family! Well, when we lived in Provo we always went to that park too - I didn't realize they were so picky, we had to run to get them away from us (ha ha). Good luck with the moldy bread (ha ha).

[Morgan] said...

Chloe looks so bothered in that second pic, very cute.
We gave up on feeding ducks for the very same reason. If you find a good spot with better ducks, do share.
ha ha.