Oct 1, 2016

May Day, May Day

Schools almost out and its time to party!  Disneyland is always the way to go, especially with friends.  Delilah and Alice tried Thunder Mountain for the first time and it went well!  They liked it.  Delilah also braved Splash Mountain.  That one didn't go as good.  But she was definitely brave!















A trip to Baja and Sprouts with the boys and then a drive home.  We stopped in a random almost Ghost town on the way home.  The town is call Desert Center and it used to be booming back in the day, but now things are closed and abandoned the way they were.  Syrup still on the tables and all.  It's kinda eery but the kids loved getting out of the car and I loved trespassing.














We finally put a side walk in from the driveway to the pool!  i love it so much.  life is so much easier when you don't have to walk in the mud to take the trash out.  the girls got to put their handprints and write their names.  I died.  All I can think of is when Granner had us do that in their backyard.  Memories forever and ever.  I added my touch with some Sea Stars.









Mother's Day was another hit.  The kids made me the best decorations and cards.  They are so crafty and thoughtful.  Im super lucky to have the coolest kids.  We celebrated together at Spaghetti Factory.  Gerrit was working so he missed out.






Chloë had her Spring Concert and she did super amazing!  I was really impressed.  They did lots of fun songs, including Star Wars.  My Trombonist rocks!




Miss Alice graduated from Preschool.  Karis came to witness the awesomeness of Delilah say "PLAYDOH"  She was supposed to say her favorite thing to play in Preschool and she say "PlayDoh"  It's a funny family joke from way back in the day so it was perfect that Karis was there. Alice did such a good job this year.  Mrs Juliette is a great teacher.  We will miss her!  I'm so nervous to put Alice in Kindergarten.  I hope she does well.  After Graduation we went to Toys R Us to pick out some new Calico Critters.  I'm so obsessed with them.  HAHA












This is Amelia Earhart.  She disappeared while flying around the world in her plane.  It's a mystery where she is.  Some think she's lost at sea.  Delilah did a great job being her for her 2nd grade presentation.  Gerrit, Alice and I went to the school to watch her do her thing and on the way out Alice spotted a school bus.  The driver let her climb aboard and she was super excited.






Swimming Season has started by the way!!!!  Chloë likes to take the rocks out of the borders and make cool patterns on the bottom of the pool.  She's pretty talented.







Seminary Graduation with my Laurels!
Karigan Poulson, Randi Wearne, Grace Cluff, Macey Cully, (the other advisor Leanne Rothlisberger), Reagan Wearne and Maryn Solomon.  I've really enjoyed being their friend and leader.  Good luck to them!


Went to Pets Mart to look at cats.  The girls were in heaven.  They played with a few and we looked at the other small animals in the store.  One day we will get them a pet.



Delilah and I decided to cut her hair.  We didn't want to deal with tangles any longer.  She looks adorable and she loves it.  In the meantime Alice is in the bathroom brushing her teeth and chin.  Telling me "look mom, I'm Santa"




Schools Out!  Off to Cali we go.  Delilah was welcomed with a giant plate of Aunt Cindy's corn bread.  This girl loves that stuff.  We had fun getting doughnuts, playing in the yard, going to the tide pools and the marine life center in Dana Point.  Apparently the guy that started Sponge Bob Square Pants used to work there and this is the actual Patrick that inspired Patrick in the show.


















Disneyland of course.  This time D didn't love Thunder.  









Mom's Dining chairs needed a makeover so we took care of that.  Mom did the cushions and I did the painting.  It looks so fresh and pretty.  




Little Alice went and turned 5 on me while we were there.  We had a super fun Tsum Tsum party for her.  Gerrit flew in with a giant backpack filled to the top with our collection.  We had fun coloring and a awesome Ice Cream Party.  It was fun with friends and family and Alice was very spoiled. 




















The next day we drove to Escondido to attend Gerrit's grandma's funeral.  Caroline was an amazing lady.  Hearing how classy she was and so many memories was super fun.  I've had the chance to know her the last 12 years with my little family.  The girls always loved visiting her home and seeing her kitty.  The last few years with dementia has been rough but she was as beautiful as always.





The kids had fun collecting rollie pollies and snails for an entire day.  We also had a memorial day kickball game, a water balloon fight and a BBQ. It was super fun.  









No comments: