I can't remember if I've ever been to a Youth Conference in my years. If I had it wasn't something worth remembering. So this is the year of redemption. Now that I'm a Laurel Advisor I'll be doing some things that I wasn't fond of in earlier years. We met in Superior AZ and slept in an old High School. A family has recently bought the high school and lives in it. It was actually really weird. "Hey honey lets live in an abandoned high school in Superior AZ?" The owners have no problem letting youth groups stay and use the facilities. A high school gymnasium seperated the girls from the boys. We slept on the ground in hallways lined with lockers. Our ward had a Science room with a bunsen burner and we had a community bathroom with no showers. With a variety show, Games, Service, a Dance (where I was so clueless on what to do at it) and Special Guest Speakers we made it special. The food was amazing too! Marty set up the service project. We had 2 hours to pull weeds in the town cemetery. He went up there a week before and sprayed weeds. Then he separated the areas for all the different wards. It was hard work, but really cool to look around and see everyone pitching in and the Blue shirts that said "Service All In". I had a good time. I'm happy I went and made new friends and became a "cool" leader to the girls.





No comments:
Post a Comment