Oct 15, 2013

Granner's House

The decision to sell Granner and Grandpa's house has been made.  Not an easy one I'm sure.  I love this house and all the memories that were made here.  Being a child I had many chances to play and learn in this home.  It was always so welcoming after a long journey or just a quick visit.  Classic movies in the garage/playroom, a game of pool, dress-ups in the furnace room or a game of "Don't spill the beans" are some great points of reference of my childhood.  Dried fruit, Life-Savers suckers, Gummy bears and almond roca filled the shelves in the pantry waiting to be snacked on after homemade pizza and bread.  Watching Granner get ready for the day with her scarf over her head so it wouldn't ruin her hair and taking naps in the red white and blue room are missed.  I can only dream of owning and restoring this house to it's glory days.  For now I'm hoping someone else can do that for us.  Love you 252 E Alameda












   




 












 







1 comment:

Saunja said...

THANK YOU for all of those great pictures. At first I didn't even recognize Granner's bedroom. Wow, so many memories in that house. Thanks.