On our way to California we stopped in Cabazon to see the dinosaurs. I always love these dinos because they remind me of my favorite movie growing up....Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. The kids thought it was fun to go inside the "Long Neck" and shop in the store. We bought a snow globe that they called a dust globe. Then we kept on truckin to Gigi's house. When we got there we saw the new house and checked out some of the new additions. I wish I took more pictures but I'm sure mom has plenty. I think my favorite new room is the playroom at the top of the stairs. The kids went swimming and then we headed to Papa and Grammy's for a few nights.
Staying with Papa was really fun. I haven't stayed with him at all in that house and before that it was a few years so at least 20 years since I've spent the night there! Of course we did our walks to the lake and scurried about the rocks. The kids made them get out dress-ups and the trunk full of hats. We had a blast playing with those. We did fun things like Del Taco, cheap movie theater, Ruby's, swimming and playing at the park. We also got to see dad's new Penny Farthing. He was super stoked on it and had bruises all over his body. Dad will be moving soon, so we went and checked out their new place. It's going to be fun for them! They were great hosts and cooks. It was super fun staying there.
"I'm gonna kiss this frog and turn him into a prince!"-Delilah
After dad's place we switched to mom's. It was hard living there without furniture or tv but we made it work. Alice learned to eat cereal without a table. Delilah learned to sleep wherever she could. Karis and I finally moved the recliners in so we had something to sit on. Then we watched the Bachelorette on mom's computer, and ate Golden Spoon in the dark. The kids had a blast playing and sleeping in the new playroom.
Laura told us about the OC Fair canned goods night. We had to take canned goods in for free admission and a free ride. Then the kids could do a book report for 3 free rides! So it was fun at the OC Fair. We went on rides, watched shows and ate carnival food. It was so fun!
We spent some time at the beach too. We headed to Laguna for Crescent Bay. The kids were loving every second of it. Alice took a nap in the sand and we didn't want the fun to end.
Friday Gerrit flew in to join us. We met dad at Baja Fish Tacos and took some to go. The kids had a blast eating beans and rice while playing at Bear Street Park. It was a great afternoon. We hit "Crystal Court" on the way home and did a little shopping, See's Candy and the kids rode the ever eventful mini carousel.
Saturday we had the chance to be in LA all day. Normally this would not be our cup of tea but we had one of the best days ever in LA. First we headed up to Griffith Park to meet Auntie Nat. We were supposed to tour Griffith Observatory with her, but by the time I found a place to park she basically had to leave. It was good seeing her for a few minutes though! We stayed and toured the building on our own. What a cool place! I love the view and the architecture. I went once as a kid to see the laser show, but they have since discontinued it. Story of my life.
After Griffith Observatory we met the rest of the troops at Del Taco. We hurried and ate lunch then headed to the Bob Baker Marionette Theatre to see "It's a Musical World" Mom and Jarond have been wanting to take us to this show forever! I'm so glad we finally went. It was seriously amazing. Some of our favorite parts were the flapper birds, the boy and the toad and the scary clown in the mirror performing to "Bring in the Clowns" by Frank Sinatra. During the show the puppets would come close to the kids. The only rule was you couldn't touch them. I missed it getting close to Chloë but caught Ellie's experience on film. The employees doubled as the puppeteers and were so into their job. One of the guys let us hang out and see one of the kids favorite marionettes. I hope it stays in business. The guy said it's having hardships and Jack Black was in earlier in the week to possible purchase the theatre. Bob Baker used to work for Disney and is the Marionette master. He has like 3000 marionettes to choose from for his shows. The team also hand makes puppets for people to buy. 5$ is a steal for these gems.
After the puppet show we went to the abandoned Los Angeles Zoo site. We've been before and it's always a hit.
Then off to Dinah's for fried chicken. It's a tiny place that does mostly take out, but they accommodated all of us and we had fun eating there. We took a pie to go and ate it at Jarond's apt. The kids watched new Yo Gabba Episodes, Kate typed on Jarond's typewriter and Braedon was in heaven on the keyboard. What a fun day it was!
Sunday was family dinner at the Suman's and then we packed up and left in the morning. What a fun time with my family.







































No comments:
Post a Comment