May 5, 2011

Easter Sunday

This Easter was packed with fun.  Chloë was the first one to check if the bunny had visited the house, and she just couldn't wait so we had her wake up Delilah.  We were able to enjoy lots of candy before we headed to 9am church.  Once Delilah saw all the candy she didn't care about the fact she got to open the Tangled movie.  She is a chocolate head.  Church was awesome and teaching the 8 year olds went pretty good.  They are normally so outta control I lose my cool, but I gave a warning before class that I wouldn't accept anything less than perfect on this special Sunday.  Of course I made them an Easter Treat.  Dana's Egg Hunt Grass cookies.  Then the kids had the nerve to ask for something different.  So annoying.  After church we dyed some Easter Eggs and I whipped up 2 batches of funeral potatoes and we headed to the Easter get together and birthday party for our little friend Vanna who turned 2.  Spending the special day with all our Florida friends in the heat of the day was perfect.(I was sweating waaay too much though)  Vanna's party was so cute and everyone had so much fun.  I'm so thankful for this special day of the year and I'm so thankful I have met so many wonderful people to share my time with in Naples.  Happy Easter!



The Easter Bunny was scandalous this year.
 This is about right.  No serious pics with dad.



The look of a cracked egg
This is a reenactment of Chloë's Spring School picture.  She is missing her top lip in that picture and Gerrit and I are glad we only picked the 10 dollar package.
 Happy Birthday Vanna!





1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

The girl's yellow dresses are adorable and you look GORGEOUS in your white dress. Happy (late) Easter! :)