Chloë got her first birthday party invite from a friend at school. It was a little stressful since I've never met the family before. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was a little frustrated since the party was in Ft. Myers at this jumping place called Pump It Up. Ft. Myers is like 30 min away. So I had to get a gift, fill up with gas and drive 30 min. It was an expensive party to attend. After I got there and met the family I asked if I was supposed to stay or leave. The mom basically told me to stay and watch the kids, take pictures and chat with her entire Latino family. Needless to say I was the odd man out for 2 hours. Chloë had the time of her life, and I passed on the next birthday party for different girl in her class. That girls party was being held at Chuck e Cheeses in Ft. Myers. Torture.
Chloë and one of her favorite buddies Erica
Chloë and her other favorite buddy Keara
After the party I was starving so I took Chloë on a date to Red Robin in Ft. Myers. I was so excited to eat some familiar food. Chloë and I shared a Chocolate Malt Shake. Yum.
1 comment:
You are such a good Mom for even trying, let alone following through on going! I never go to school kids' parties for my daughter for the very reasons you mentioned. But, I'm glad Chloe was able to have fun and that you got to spend some time together at Red Robin! :)
Post a Comment