Apr 4, 2011

Spring Break Fun

This was our first official Spring Break.  Since Chloë had a week off of school, we decided to hit up California and do some fun stuff.  Of course our Spring break overlapped with Rachael's and Karis' for a while, so it was good to see lots of family.  We did so many things, it was hard to have my camera all the time.  I actually did pretty bad on pictures this vacation.  So thanks to my mom who took more than I did.  We had such a great time.  The only thing missing was my husband. :(

The first day was St. Patrick's Day and we spent it celebrating Carter and Savanna's birthdays.  Rach planned an awesome day for all the kids.  We first hit up lunch at Del Taco, then headed to the OC Great Park, had a pizza party, and finished the day at Chuck E Cheeses!  We were majorly tired, but it was worth it.

 The OC Great Park had a big orange balloon that we were gonna go on but it was too windy, so we played in the park and did the free carousel (ya FREE!) 3 times.

Gift Time!

The birthday boy totally hit the jackpot on one game!  

 Grandpa and I watched them play air hockey forever!  They were so cute.
 On the Chuck E Cheese Video Maker, they were playing Yo Gabba
Friday night we had a girls night at non other than Don Jose's.  The service was terrible like always, but the food.....oh the food.  Rich totally watched  all 8 grand kids while we partied!
The kids pretty much played, and played everything you could imagine.


It rained a TON!  We were so not prepared for this weather.  It was nice to have cooler weather for a change, but we weren't very prepared clothing wise.  The kids had an umbrella parade of course.
 Most of the time we spent being cozy inside


We went to LA and spent the day with Jarond and Natalie.  Jarond took us to the old LA Zoo site in Griffith Park and then we ate at Clifton's Cafeteria of course.  That place is way  too much money, but fun for all.



They had cages and caves everywhere.  It was actually kinda creepy.


 Jarond hiking up the river with the girls.  So cute.

  The long walk to feed the animals below




Granner's marble track is a hit with the girls every time we go to Jarond's

We saw the "Ambrosia Salad" lady from Edward Scissor Hands while we were eating.
 The Clifton's Cafeteria Chapel


While I was home my mom got us tickets to see Wicked.  It was so cool!  I never get to go to fun plays like this so it was extra special.  We had a fun night.  Papa and Grammy watched the girls for like 5 hours while we went out on our mommy daughter date.  I can't believe I don't have one picture of them from this trip.  The girls had a lot of fun.  They did lots of drawing and coloring.  Of course movies too!

A few of the nights we watched old family slides and tried to help my mom decide which ones to make into digital copies.  Man they were funny.  
We ate out so many times, I seriously find it kind of funny.  I of course had mega list of where I needed to eat while I was home.  The food in Naples is no dice, and being pregnant with cravings makes it even worse.
  We spent our last night at Spaghetti Factory in Newport.  Great memories here for me.  Then we walked the pier and played in the sand.
The night before we left the girls had to give grandpa one last hug in his chair.  We didn't get to see him much because it's tax season, but we enjoyed our quick 20 minute nights with him.

What a trip!  Miss you family.

4 comments:

SQ said...

that looks like so much fun. im jealous! i can't wait to see you in a month!!!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Looks like a blast! Cafe rio is sounding so good about now!

Unknown said...

Yay I'm so happy you were able to go home - sometimes there's nothing better! And so happy you were able to eat at all your faves :)

Claudia said...

I swear the food at that spaghetti factory tastes better than any of the others. Such a fun trip! I'm jealous :)