Jul 8, 2010

Three Weddings and a Reunion

The month of June brought a lot of love to Utah.  We had the pleasure of celebrating three weddings that month of six great people.  The weddings made it hard to plan some vacations, but it was worth staying in Utah. 

June 5, 2010 Tyson and Amber
This wedding was so casual and cool.  Amber and Tyson did a great job from the invitations to the cake cutting.  With a random animal theme the backyard worked perfect for the festivities.  Amber looked amazing in her dress that cost a whopping 30 bucks.  I had a chance to talk to Tyson before the ceremony and he said," Kam, how do I look?  What should I change?  Doesn't matter no one will be looking at me anyway."  I am so happy for them.
Instead of a book they used a typewriter for their guest sign in
June 19, 2010 Colin and Christie
This wedding was sponsored by the best backyard ever made.  After spending the day at a beautiful ceremony in the Draper Temple, we attended a celebration in Sandy, UT.  Colin and Christie make a good looking couple and I know Colin will be the best husband.  A few months back before the engagement Christie asked me,"So tell me something bad about Colin.  Doesn't he have any flaws?"  Unable to answer her I thought to myself, once he had a really long rat tail.

The girls were loving the pictures of the "princess"
Some of the wedding party
This backyard was killer!  Secret pathways, cottages, and water features.
The Smiths
Cute little girls
June 29, 2010 Gordon and Lisa

This wedding was a long time comin'. Gerrit was responsible for this hook-up, which is a great one at that.  Gerrit and Lisa worked together on the 5th floor in the hospital and Gerrit thought to himself,"Hey Lisa would totally dig Gordon".  After a long dating run these two made the cutest bride and groom I've ever seen.  Gordon was himself, silly and emotional.  I hope they remember who was responsible for this when they grown old together.
Chloe and Gord are so BFF
Some dress-ups from the Photo Booth
July 2, 2010 Thatcher Family Reunion
Here we are with Grandpa Paul Thatcher at the Thatcher Family Reunion held in Homedale, Idaho every other year.  The reunion is hosted by one of Paul's kids and their family on grandpa's farm.  This year it was Janell's turn.  So that meant all her kids were recruited also.  Janell planned lots of fun activities, while Scarlett and I took care of the menu.  The last time I went to this reunion Chloe was 18 months old.  It was blazing hot, and I was miserable.  This year was completely different!  The weather was great, Chloe and Delilah had a blast, and I was totally busy the entire time.  Every time we finished a meal we had to start setting up for another.  We tried to total the people coming and going over 5 meals and it was about 90.  I have to say the Miller's put on a good show this year.  Here is what we did.

We drove to our hotel in Meridian and checked in.  Then we headed over to Aunt Annette's for dinner and hang out time.  Her and Allen's home in Middleton was beautiful.  When we got there I asked if her property was just what was fenced off.  She replied,"No we go clear back to those houses back there, we have about 80."  Excuse me!  80 acres!  I thought she was joking.  They are farming corn this year.  What a beautiful place this was.
The girls threw rocks in the irrigation ditch.  Chloe has her pockets filled to the brim.
Annette also had this charming little lake in her yard, complete with a billion tadpoles and a canoe.
This was my first time in a  canoe.  Ha ha, I was so nervous we were going to tip.  Chris was a good paddler.
Chloe and I brought Continental Breakfast for the sleepy heads
That night we started our cooking duties.  We made Taco Salad for dinner at Mark and Deanne's house in Homedale.
Then the masses ran it off during an improve soccer game.
We actually got rained out and our movie that was planned outside got moved to the garage.  Some really clever men figured out screens, sound, and how do stay warm and dry.  The movie was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Perfect.
The next morning was the pancake breakfast at Grandpas.  We got lost on the way to the farm and we showed up with everyone else.  So breakfast was more like brunch.  It was a little windy and Gerrit and I were strugglin' with the griddles.  In time and with helping hands everyone was fed all they could eat pancakes, bacon and eggs.  Right after breakfast some of the girls wasted no time finding the dress ups.  They stayed dressed up ALL DAY LONG.
Grandpas amazing farm
Then we started our "Old School 4th of July Games"  Janell worked so hard on all these games.  The children loved them.  One of my ideas was to decorate bags for all the loot they would be getting.  We did that activity first.  Followed by, bean bag toss, knock over the cans, bull roping, fish pond, and stick horse races.
Gerrit's cousins making paper airplanes
Dustin dressed like Uncle Sam
Some of the handy men put together this massive swing set Grandma Nelly bought for the kids
Lunch is served.
After lunch was a good time to break out "The Old Cars".  I still don't know why grandpa has all these cars around his place, but Jeff never lets us down and gets about 4 or 5 running so we can drive all over the property.  It's for sure one of the highlights of the reunion.  The children (and grown-ups) love being able to drive.














When it wasn't your turn to drive you got to watch the action, or play teeter totter on the trailer
Grandpa didn't seem to mind getting licked by many stick horses
Chloe's turn to drive the Bel Air
Bonnie and Clyde, I mean Scarlett and Chris
Scarlett and Uncle Rowland made ice cream for a cool treat.  It was so good.  Vanilla, Strawberry and Root Beer.
The Ice Cream Nazis
After our treat we headed to the cemetery to see Grandma Melva Thatcher and Uncle Terry.  Melva had Parkinson's disease and Terry is Janell's younger brother who drowned at 17.  His scout troop raised the money for his headstone and put their troop logo on it.  I thought that was really cute.
Jump Creek Canyon was our next outing.  We got to go on a little 10 minute trail to see the waterfall.  I was feeling really nervous because it was basically a poison oak trail.  Luckily no one landed in in.
The Little Mermaid was there
Mark and Deann's cute family
We headed back to the house for a Hot Dog dinner and more fun.  The highlight of the trip for me is Pink Ladies.  These are a yummy treat made at the Frosty Palace in town.  It's basically a Cherry 7-up milk shake with vanilla soft serve ice cream in the middle.  Such an amazing treat.  I love the name too.
In-Laws represent!
We had an amazing time and Janell kept her cool.  I'm happy we were able to help and go to this family reunion since we won't be able to make it next year.  Good luck to Virgil's family who we passed the torch to.

The Grandchildren
The Children and some of their spouses
It's Miller Time!

7 comments:

Rachel Miller said...

Um, love your dress at Colin and Christie's reception. So cute! Looks like your summer is off the chizain. Miss you.

Scarlett said...

Thanks for posting all the photos of the reunion, Kam! You got some good shots. I'm so glad you were there--I had lots of fun spending time with you, Gerrit and the kids. You're the best sis-in-law!

SQ said...

so many cute pics!. i love the little pioneer girl get ups. so rad. can janelle make one for niya?

amber said...

Thanks again for coming Cam! Love you and your little kitty cats.

[Morgan] said...

GREAT pictures!

a TYPEWRITER?! genius!

Karis said...

Looks Great! Your family reunion looked like you guys had a lot of fun!

Shauna said...

Catching up with your blog has been a blast! Pssst....pink ladies sound divine darlink.