Apr 16, 2010

Flo-Rida

We made it back!  Our trip to Florida was successful.  I felt so grown up getting hotels and renting cars.  Florida is really nice this time of year.  Something I learned quickly is Thunder Storms in the weather forecast means something completely different in Florida than it does in Utah. 

We headed to Orlando on Thursday to use our free ticket to Disney World.  We did (I did) the Give A Day, Get A Day service project and decided to use our free pass in Orlando.  We couldn't decide which park we wanted to go to. Well to be fair I was having anxiety over it and Gerrit could care less.   In the end Gerrit picked the park and the winner was Hollywood Studios.  They had a lot of cool shows and a few things I hadn't seen before.  We felt a little guilty being there without the girls, but we brought them home some cool Star Wars stuff.

After Orlando we rented a car and drove to Naples.  Naples is a beautiful city.  It reminds me of Laguna Beach and Newport Beach mixed together.  It's kind of a sleepy town with lots of 'ol fogies, but still really cool.  We spent a few days with Richard and Shannon Anderson and their family.  They have a beautiful place and even gave us our own room.  Gerrit interviewed at Wolford College (School of Nurse Anesthesia) on Monday morning and is feeling confident in his interviewing process.  Now we wait and see if we are moving to Florida. 
Our Hotel in Orlando
Gerrit's re-living the old days with this ugly yellow car.
Here are some clips of Hollywood Studios

The next morning we started our drive to Naples.  Its' about 3 hours away
On our trip I noticed some interesting signs we don't have here in Utah
I was the driver on the rental car in Naples.  Linda at Hertz gave me a free upgrade.
Gerrit was a little jealous
This is something that comes standard in the trunk.  So random, who is going to get locked in the trunk?
This is for Dana.  Apparently Naples and Dallas have the same sculptures.  I like Dallas' better.
First gator sighting
Naples Beach is about 5 minutes from Wolford College
Brought these shells home for the girls
The water was pretty warm.  Gerrit walked right in when we got there.
This big 'ol crab came right out of the sand and said hello to us
Out front of Wolford after the interview

We had extra time before our flight so we spent it at the beach
We were so happy to be home.  Chloe slept in Gerrit's t-shirt the whole time we were gone.  They were so excited to get some Star Wars action figures.

10 comments:

Sperry Family said...

I love that you and the Hertz lady are on a first name basis! Florida looks awesome, I wouldn't feel bad if I had to move there! Hope it works out.

naomi said...

Good luck to Gerrit! That sounds legit. Anesthesia sounds like a really good nursing career from what I know. I love that the girls got Star Wars figures haha. Also, you are stupid skinny, I really liked that navy dress and belt combination.

the bates motel said...

looks like a fun trip! hope you guys get to move there, so maybe we can visit! fun fun!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

You got some great pictures! Looks like you guys had a good time, too bad the weather wasnt a little better when you hit the beach.

Kara said...

Not a bad place to have to move--warm, right by the beach, not bad at all. Such great pictures. And, sweet red mustang. That cracks me up.

Scarlett said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I'm glad you got to have a little getaway to somewhere nice and warm. You look so cute in your summer clothes! If you move there it will be awesome to visit you and go to the beach!

Unknown said...

Fun! I remember the waiting game for law school. Stressful.

Todd Langston said...

Awesome and beautiful photos! I've been to Florida a couple times, such a pretty state. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Karis said...

Awesome looking place! I still think it's funny that chloe wants star wars figures instead of something like little mermaid or any other princess from disney.

dana said...

haha. You (since Naples is now your city??) have a horse sculpture too!!! SO cool. Thanks for taking a pic :)

Looks like a fun trip. And I'm excited to find out more about Florida through your blog!