Feb 16, 2010

The Miller's Valentine Style

Happy Valentine's Day!  It was so fun spending time together with the people I love the most (minus a few).  It was a great Sunday.  It felt so relaxing even though I had to teach at church.  Once that was done, we just took it all in.

When I was younger my mom always put together this totally fun treasure hunt and pink dinner.  I loved it.  I thought it would be fun to continue that tradition.  I'm not as creative with words as my mom, so I didn't do the treasure hunt.  Maybe next year.  Thanks for all the great Valentine's Days mom.
On the Menu:  BBQ Chicken, Pink Mashed Potatoes, Pink Heart Biscuits, Red Strawberry Jam, Pink Corn, Pink Cupcakes and Cherry 7-up
Saturday night we went to dinner with our good friends, The Keller's, The Scarpino's and the Catmull's.  We went to Joe Vera's Mexican Restaurant, and saw the movie Valentine's Day.  At 12 midnight, Gerrit brought me my gift.  Apparently he was so excited he couldn't wait for us to actually go to sleep from the night before.  He suprised me with a wedding band.  He is so thoughtful.  I love him so much.
The family opening their V-day suprises
The tripod was comin' in handy that day.  I love my family.

11 comments:

Jan Scarpino said...

Kam! Seriously.. How cute are you!? I totally loved the festive pink dinner that you made. What a cute idea! And Gerrit, bonus points for you friend on her fabulous V-Day gift! You must have went to Jared lol.. We had such a fun night together, cant wait for our next get together!

Sperry Family said...

Love the ring, way to go Gerrit! How did you get the corn pink?

Karen (GiGi) said...

Keep that fun tradition going! (which one? the pink dinner or the diamonds?) love, mom

Karis said...

Love the ring! Great job Gerrit! I did my red dinner too and it looked identical to yours.

SQ said...

you finally got your ring!!!!!!!yay. rad but kinda nasty pink dinner. i might have to copy that one!

dana said...

gorgeous ring!! I love it!
and cute dinner too.

Sara said...

Such fun! You went all out, looks like it was a blast. And so exciting about the wedding band!!

Suman Family said...

love it all! we had a red dinner here to - i should have taken a pic of the potatoes...cindy made them look just like playdough. so great that you got the ring you've wanted. i want to see a pic of it paired with your engagement ring.

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful valentines! Love the cute table set up! Cant wait to see you guys in April.

the bates motel said...

looks like you guys have been having a ton o fun! fun parties! fun peeps! and fun treats :)! see you soon!

naomi said...

You're a supermum! I like the red food. And your ring is lovely.