Nov 12, 2009

Halloween 2009



No this is not a trick!  I'm posting on my blog.  Happy Halloween!  We had a great Halloween this year.  I had the cutest Geisha's ever.  I was able to make Chloe's costume, which was kind of a nightmare.  The fabric was fraying all over the place.  I borrowed Delilah's costume from Karis, I think Kate wore it when she was 1 also.  We stayed close by and walked our very own neighborhood.  Pretty sure I ate all the "good" Halloween candy from Chloe and Delilah's stash.  We have really made a good home here in this neighborhood the past year.  It was fun to see all the neighborhood and ward kids walking in their costumes.  Every year it gets warmer and warmer on Halloween.  It sure makes Trick-or-Treat a lot easier.


Chloe made this face all by herself, and Gerrit helped her carve it out.


Delilah wondering what is going on


Me and Sally

Did I mention the pumpkins came from our very own garden!  So awesome.  I can't wait to plant them again.


Here are our pumkins all lit up!




My Geisha Girls





Some Trick-or-Treating with Gerrit's parents



Full Size Twix, and a singing pirate....dream come true



Our festive front porch, it was such a nice night we were able to sit out front. Plus Gerrit was sanding our floors inside, so it was pure sawdust in there.


This was the result of round one, we went out again a little later.


8 comments:

Scarlett said...

Love the costumes! They are so pretty! The parasols are perfect, too. And Chloe made the creepiest jack-o-lantern. It was so fun for my parents to hang out with you guys! Wish I were there...

[Morgan] said...

wow. those costumes are AWESOME.
i took a double take when i saw your update in my reader:) so glad for an update!

Karis said...

Sp proud of you for blogging again. Your porch looks like a magazine with it all set up for trick or treaters!

Wendi said...

all i gotta say is its about time. now is it a 1 time thing only or you gonna keep this up? we'll have to see!

loved the costumes. you never cease to amaze me with your creativity skills.

Andrea said...

There you are!! How fun to see updated pictures. My favorite one was of the girl's backs while they were waiting at the door. They are super cute. I'm glad that you enjoy your neighborhood. I love Provo.

Lisa Johnson said...

YEAH!!! You finally updated your blog. WOOT WOOT! Your girls in their Halloween costumes are ADORABLE! I also love the bedspread in the background of one of the pictures. Where did you get it? How is life treating you and your family? What did you end up doing after you left Prosper?

Suman Family said...

HIEEEEE! so glad to see your pretty faces! love the costumes and the floors. you guys are pretty creative and handy over there. send some of those skills this way! we are so excited to play next week! ava asks about chloe on a daily basis. she looks so cute in make up and all! haha. two cute geisha girls.

naomi said...

Delilah is still a total doll, but she's like lifesize now haha