Jun 17, 2007

Home Editions

Last week I wanted to add Window Boxes to the house so bad. I finally found some I liked so I quickly swiped them up and had Gerrit attach them to the front window. I planted some cute flowers and it really adds to the house. As if it wasn't cute enough already. We are sorta obsessed with lawn care and curb appeal right now. I didn't know I would enjoy owning a home so much. This week we are starting one of our big home projects. We are refinishing the wood floors! Basically we have to move in with Gerrit's parents for a couple of days, but man its gonna look good. In august we will start round two and work on the kitchen cabinets, counter tops, tile and move into the bathroom and tile, refinish the tub and get a new toilet. We are gonna be living large when we are done. Too bad we can't afford a jetted tub.

3 comments:

Suman Family said...

So much fun. You have great plans for you house. I'm excited for next time we come so we can see all of the results. Of course, you'll have to post pics before that happens. Your mom told me some fun work news about you. I'll have to call you later today and get the details of how it all went. Good work!

the bates motel said...

fun that your makin some upgrades to your cute lil house! can't wait to see it all done up. p.s. i heard you quit too! way to go! you'll love being at home (even if it takes a little while to get used to it)!

dana said...

I love all the home improvement projects. I'm totally jealous....mostly of your cute flower boxes. I saw them all over Boston and loved them. Your house is the perfect place for them. Good luck with the renovations. Fun to do it yourself.