Chloë was in the zoology club this year. They had classes on Tuesdays and did extra work and projects. For a reward they get to spend the night in the Phoenix Zoo! Chloë wanted me to come too. I was a little hesitant because I had heard through the grapevine it was kinda torturous. Her friend Lillie was with us too. They had an amazing time, and I kinda felt like a 3rd wheel. We got to the zoo and took a group picture, then we hiked up to a picnic area for dinner. After that we went on a night walk and learned about some animals. It was pretty cool to see the animals at night. I thought it would be a total bust, but we actually saw a lot of animals. Then we had a learning segment were we talked and saw live animals. They did a science project and then it was off to bed. We slept in these giant tents with hard concrete floor. Basically it was wall to wall with kids and parents. No separation, everyone just mixed in. I was actually really surprised how quiet our tent was. I woke up in the middle of the night a little chilly and had to walk down to the bathroom. I was fine on the way down but on the way up I started freaking out a little. Like dude right over there is a giant 50 year old Rhino. So I booked it back up the hill. In the morning we packed up and headed to breakfast. We stopped to see the lions who were awake and actually walking around! That is not normal. They were making little roaring sounds. It was so cool. Went went on another little walk and learned about more animals. All in all it was actually really fun. Sweet Chloë, her heart still belongs to Elephants.



No comments:
Post a Comment