Since Gerrit had to work the whole week of New Years we headed to California to celebrate the second week of school vacation. It was a busy household and we had a great time. Alice and Cash ran around the house playing and it was so cute. That night Gigi and I headed to Target to get some essentials and more of the non essentials. It was so windy and freezing!!! We came out of Target and I swore I saw a snowflake. We couldn't really believe it since we were in Southern California. It was so cold we left the things in the car that didn't need to go in. That night it was so loud and stormy I could barely sleep. I woke up to snow covered hills in the backyard! It was so beautiful and really strange to see Palm Trees and Snow. We headed to the canyon to find some to play in. We didn't find much but and it was soooo cold. Most of the snow landed in Robinson Ranch were Eric and Laura live. The kids brought boogie boards to sled with but no luck. When I was taking a picture of the kids with the boards a lady was like "thats so cute" She ended up being a reporter for the OC Register and quoted me that night in the news! Except I'm not sure she got my wording right. All the same it was really quite funny.
Gigi wanted to put together a kid New Years party at her house. We had fun finger foods and set up 5 different stations for the kids. We separated them into groups and had 10 minutes at each station. With the grown ups helping they had a really great time. One of the stations was making a picture frame and then they came to me to take a picture and I recorded their New Years Resolution. The resolutions were really cute. Chloë said she "wanted to obey her parents better and listen on the first time." Delilah said,"to serve people well." I asked an example and she said, "like give them food" Alice didn't want to participate until we watched all the kids videos on tv. Then she was all for it. I sat her down and asked her New Years Resolution and she just started babling. I have no idea what she was even saying, but it was seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen. After the kids went to bed we hung next door at the Sumans for games and food. I was in the bathroom when the new year hit. Ha Missed you Gerrit! The rest of the week we played and went to the new Sports Park. We played a lot of soccer and played on the toys. Jarond came down with Hoagie and we visited Papa and Grammy. We celebrated Christmas with them and ate at Taco Mesa. Monday we ditched school and hit up Disneyland for a few hours. We drove home that night. We were so exhausted but it was worth it. To a new year filled with fun and memories!
































No comments:
Post a Comment