May 14, 2014

1 Year Reunion

Gerrit had his reunion with California in April.  It had been just about a full year since he was there last.  After he visited Texas we all headed to California for Easter.  We had a great time playing and seeing his family in Escondido.  We also had some time to help Gigi around the house.  We even cleaned out the small garage for Rich and he is able to park there now!  On the drive to California from Arizona we pass thru the land of windmills.  This part of the trip has so many childhood memories for me.  I never thought I'd be making this trip with my kids too!

We visited the Long Beach Aquarium one day with the kids.  They had some interesting creatures to look at.  The Saw Fish was intense!  Gerrit was petting sharks and the girls loved the Penguin exhibit.  They found a little cove to hide and the penguins swam right above your head!

We drove to Escondido on Saturday and visited with Aunt Cynthia and Grandpa.  I'd never been to Aunt Cynthia's house and I was amazed by how many antiques she had.  The entire house is decked out with them.  Even the cars were antique and amazing!  It was fun to see Grandpa in the shop working away.  He makes loads and loads of cutting boards.  It keeps him busy and he loves it!  He was chatting away with us and the girls loved exploring in the shop and the yard.  Chloë took a picture with him and realized they are 89 years apart in age.  Pretty amazing.

After we headed over to see Grandma and Aunt Laurie.  We were able to visit with her for a while.  Since she is battling dementia it was very different talking with her this time.  She was still sweet as can be but we had the same conversation a lot.  She is so beautiful and happy.  Cynthia came over and gave me the quick lesson on how to make her toffee.  I should have taken notes because I basically already forgot.  It's probably better that way, because then it's extra special when I get hers and eat ALL of it.

The Easter Bunny made it to California and brought the girls some special gifts.  They also got to have 2 egg hunts!  Braedon was in California for his birthday and we were able to spend it with him as well.  I was worried he would be sad that we crashed his party, but instead he was stoked and played with the girls when he was home.  He enjoyed the Easter festivities as well.

Gerrit bought a 1 day pass to Disneyland so we could go with the kids before he headed back to Arizona.  Of course the highlight for everyone is watching Alice with Pooh Bear.  I will never get enough of that sweet girl with her hero.  Big Thunder Mountain was open again and Chloë was way excited to go on.  She got sandwiched between Gerrit and I.  At the end of the trip I ended up getting some stomach bug and had to be in bed for 2 days before I traveled home.  It was absolutely horrible, but I'm glad my mom was there otherwise I would have been in trouble!

It was a wonderful Easter and trip.  I'm so thankful for the Savior and the Plan of Salvation, so I can be together with this amazing family of mine forever.  









  
























  


































No comments: