Jan 22, 2013

Christmas 2012

This was our last year in Naples for Christmas.  It has been so fun celebrating the holidays here.  We will miss is terribly.  This year I decided to make Thanksgiving Dinner on Christmas Eve.  I figure I'll never get good at making a turkey if I never practice so I went for it.  The food turned out amazing and I was really proud of myself.  After dinner we put on PJs and read the birth of Jesus while the girls set up the Nativity.  We sang some hymns and headed to Victoria Park, where they decorate all the houses like crazy.  The girls hung out the sunroof and had a blast.  Our favorites were the blinking Mickey Mouse ears and the Yo Gabba Gabba blow up decoration.  Later that night Santa came and wrapped his goods in solid red paper and when the kids woke it was a fantastic surprise.  Alice got a wiggle car, Delilah asked for a broom and Chloë wanted Cats Cradle and Chinese Jump Rope.  In their stockings was a swatch of wrapping paper letting them know which gifts were theirs and we starting unwrapping.  Chloë was delighted to see Uncle Jarond sent her a skateboard.  It was carefully thought out and turned out perfect.  After we opened gifts we headed to the beach and played with our friends.  What a wonderful Christmas we had.  I'm so grateful for my eternal family and the birth of Jesus Christ.

























I made some Christmas crafts this year.  I was really into making our tree classic and festive.  The only problem was our tree died in like 2 weeks.  By the time I took off the decorations the branches were snapping in half.  It was a total fire hazard.  Needless to say I bought a fake tree on clearance for next year in the desert.  If I can't keep it alive in the most humid climate, pretty sure I can't keep it alive in the desert.  


 
 Papa and Grammy sent some fun gifts and we got to have 2 Christmases!  The girls and us were stoked.

 


No comments: