Veteran's Elementary does a hat parade for Halloween instead of costumes. I think it's a little lame that kids can't wear costumes to school anymore. I remember how fun that was. Chloë, Gerrit and I worked on her hat for the parade. Mrs. Deardorff handed out words to base your hat off of. Chloë got the word "Globe". We made a great hat, but unfortunately the glue gun didn't hold well enough for the parade. I was so sad she couldn't wear it during the parade and had to just hold it. One of the many times your heart hurts for your children I'm sure. Later that day I came back to help with musical chairs at the classroom Halloween party. I couldn't believe how "Poor Sporty" some of these kids were when they didn't win. One kid was crying in the corner. So for a little bit of bragging time, I couldn't even remember if Chloë won or not. I asked her and she said,"no". So happy my kid wasn't the one crying in the corner.




No comments:
Post a Comment