Our visit from the Smith family was soooo great! We had so much fun together. They came for a whole week and got to experience what we do on a daily basis. The kids were so happy to be together. Kate, Ellie, Chloë, Delilah and Braedon all slept in the same room! They played tons of Rock Band and played together like champs. Here are some of the highlights
We went to the Golden Gate Aquatics Pool and the kids fell in love with the diving boards. Marty and Gerrit got up there too!
We visited the Flamingo Flea Market in Bonita Springs. I always see it, but never go in. We scored a few items. Braedon got some vinyl and the girls all got leather bracelets with their names stamped in them.
We hit the beach a few times. This time our friend Coulton met us there and let us use his paddle board. The kids had so much fun on it and I tried it for the first time too. I kept falling off. It was way cool though. Marty was trippin' that our beach didn't have any waves.
Sunday after church we did the Everglades search for gators drive. Unfortunately the water level was too high and no gators were out.
On the way back we stopped at the Swamp Ape Research Center. The guy that owns the place is a believer in the BigFoot of the Everglades. Apparently he has a show coming out on the discovery channel soon. After a little conversation the guy asked why were were dressed up. Karis told him we just got back from church and he was asking what church we went to. Karis said we were Mormon and he was like "Mormon?" He started asking questions about Jesus visiting the America's. He asked Gerrit "Do you believe that?!" not knowing what was going to happen Gerrit replied "Yes." He then said "me too!" So they had a quick Book of Mormon discussion and we gave him a Book of Mormon that I had in the car. He was so kind and let us all into his reptile and bird zoo in the back with free admission. It was so hot and sweaty it was hard to bare, but it was an experience I will always remember.
I was super lucky to get a root canal while the Smiths were visiting. At least I had a baby sitter!
We hit the pier for a sunset and saw some jellies in the water.
Come back soon, ya hear!


























No comments:
Post a Comment