Jun 27, 2012

Father's SunDay

Father's Day is a fun time to celebrate just how great Gerrit is as a father.  He is so amazing.  He really loves our children and makes them feel special.  He is silly and can play in their room with them for hours.  Thanks for being such an amazing dad.  We love you so much!  On Sunday I had to speak in church.  It was terrifying, but I totally did it!  I spoke on honoring our father.  I wrote the talk all week and was nervous I would even get to 10 minutes, but I made it to almost 20!  I'm really proud for conquering that.  Hopefully it won't be so tough the next time.  The kids weren't feeling great so Gerrit took them home early and when I came home the whole family was asleep.  Gerrit got his 4 hour Father's Day nap.  I made some steaks with corn on the cob, funeral potatoes, fresh fruit and German Chocolate Cake!  Gerrit loves that stuff.(with homemade frosting) We opened gifts and had like 35 people over for dessert.  It was a great Father's SUNDay










1 comment:

Scarlett said...

I'm glad that Gerrit had such a nice Father's Day. He deserves it! You are such a cute family. Miss you guys!