Nov 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Time

Chloë's last day before vacation they had a Thanksgiving feast.  She was able to dress as a pilgrim or indian.  I checked Dana's blog and thankfully she had this tutorial up.  I literally made it in 3 minutes.  Thanks D!  Chloë made the hat at school.
 That's Cocoa the class mascot.  We will talk about him later.
 I love parades.  Gerrit not so much.  He played football and we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  The girls loved the smurf and Sonic balloons.  No Gabba this year :(
This is pretty much the reason for Thanksgiving.  I wasn't in AZ with the rest of the Boswell clan so mom had to make it for me.  She called for the special recipe.  
This year I held dinner at our place.  I made my first turkey, gravy, stuffing and cheesecake.  

1. Turkey....brined for 24 hours and rubbed with butter and herbs, then injected with the same stuff. It had great flavor but I think the bag lied about how long to bake.  It was a tad dry.

2. Stuffing.....got the recipe from Janell.  It's Gerrit's Grandma's recipe.  Turned out great!  Even the people who don't like stuffing liked the stuffing.

3. Gravy....I didn't have a fat separator.  Which I was bummed about.  It was stressful to make gravy.  Luckily Janey helped me keep my cool.  Everyone loved it.

4. Coconut Lime Cheesecake...First cheesecake and not my last.  Every ounce of this was delightful.  Pretty and delicious.


 I made tablecloths from old fabric and shower curtains.  I also went shopping at Goodwill and got all different candle stick holders.  It was cute and we held 20 people just fine.


 Alice had mashed potatoes on her first Thanksgiving.  She loved the gravy.




 Adam drives a motorcycle.  The girls thought they were Power Rangers in his helmet.


2 comments:

Delia said...

Wow 20 people. You are a great hostess Kam. That cheesecake looks divine!

And Alice...I think she is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. Really. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

dana said...

pilgrim outfit turned out great! And Cakies! Cute name :)