Nov 29, 2011

Halloween 2011

I love Halloween!  Best time of year and best start for the Holidays.  Halloween has always been my favorite.  Having kids just magnifies it.  Our ward Halloween party was crazy packed.  It was fun to see all my friends decked out.  I made my paper doll costume for 3$.  Everyone thought I made Chloë's costume, and for the first time I didn't.  Delilah was a cute little flapper handed down from her big sis and Alice was my little cross eyed turtle (a face made as a baby).  Alice had the privilege of wearing a dog costume!


 Sunday night Jammies!
This years choices. Flapper and Cleopatra
 Delilah isn't the best at holding still or looking at the camera.  These pictures describe her very well. 
 
 
 Chloë on the other hand is quite the poser.



Halloween was so fun in Utah and I have been trying to bring it up to par here in Florida, but I'm not having the best of luck.  Last year we had cool costumes, but with so many Snow Birds we had no where to trick or treat.  This year I decided to go to the same neighborhood that does the Christmas lights because they were bound to be just as cool for Halloween.  I was sadly mistaken.  The neighborhood was crowded alright, but the candy was a bust.  Those pumpkins didn't even get filled half way. It made it easier to throw the candy away since the neighborhood was too cheap to buy the good stuff.  We had to park blocks away on the grass where flares were set up and crossing guards were placed.  The stroller was a pain and not every house was ready to give out candy.  The kids weren't as bummed as I was.  Haha.  I wanted good candy dangit!


 She's kinda doing cross eyed turtle in this picture.  She sure had fun.
 This is what the streets looked like.

 With vendors
 She gave up as soon as the sun went down.  Ate candy all night.
 We met up with some friends and then went to their house for doughnuts and cider.
In the morning we made the dough.  It was rough.  Then later after trick or treating we did the frying and eating of the doughnuts.  YUUUMMMM





HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  



1 comment:

Sperry Family said...

I love all the costumes, especially yours! Hilarious!