On Saturday the 2nd we had a fun get together. Janey and Jason Preece are our party planners. Without them, I'd be a total dud. They organized this weenie roast and firework show for a bunch of good friends. We had lots of fun playing, eating, talking, setting off fireworks and being eaten by the summer mosquitos.
Then Sunday night we had a few friends come over for some cookies and we did some more fireworks in our street. Delilah did her infamous ear plugging the whole time.
Monday morning we picked Gerrit up from the hospital and drove to downtown Naples for the parade. If Gerrit thought he hated parades before, I can't imagine how he feels now. Provo puts this place to serious shame. It was pretty hot and it was basically a whole bunch of vehicles throwing candy. At least Gerrit got a break from studying!
For the life of me I can not get a picture of everyone looking and smiling at the camera. So this is the best of the worst. I made Chloë and Delilah's dresses this year. They loved them.
As if we hadn't done enough for Independence Day we decided to head to the beach. We played on the sand for a few hours with friends before the city shot the fireworks off from the pier. We had so much fun.
We messed around with my camera forever. It was so fun. Here are some of the best shots
Janey
Janey and Freeborn making a heart. We were so happy when we saw this shot turn out!
Freeborn writing my name
Chloë's name
This says Lilah
Alice
The pier shot off some serious fireworks. They were so awesome but I had the wrong lens for these.
Happy Independence Day! I'm so thankful to live in this country.
1 comment:
The dresses turned out great. You are so talented Kam. Love the sparkler pictures too. Our parade in Logan sounds a lot like yours. Provo has one of the best 4th parades!
Post a Comment