Jul 9, 2011

Alice's 1st weeks at home

When we arrived home from the hospital it was a lot of trying things out.  Jammies, binkies, sleeping positions, bottles, holding positions.  Chloë was into trying out holding Alice.  When I asked Delilah if she wanted to hold Alice it was always "no".  After a week or so I asked again and then asked "why?"  Delilah responded with ,"Because I'm little! See (pointing up and down her body) I'm little!"

Alice is having issues with her dad.  Right now she only wants to poo or puke on him, and cries every time he is trying to hold her.  Thank goodness my mom is here, so she can take a turn holding.
When Delilah was 4 weeks old we went to Disneyland.  What better way to welcome Alice to the family then to take her to Disney World at almost 2 weeks!  I know we are crazy. We had 2 rooms and the girls decided to room with Gigi.  They shared the bed and did really well without mom and dad. 

Snow White loved her little friend Alice


It was just a little hot and tiring.  HAHAHA
Pirates with Alice and Chloë
I got stuck on the Tea Cups with the girls.  Gerrit and Gigi opted out
I waited in line so the girls could meet Ariel.  Delilah chickened out at the last second.


In the morning Gigi took the girls swimming and they enjoyed some tv on the ipod touch in the bathtub.


Alice was introduced to Del Taco in Orlando.  I was of course so happy to be there.

My mom chilled with the kiddos and Gerrit and I were able to attend the temple!  Hooray!

Back at home, we tried to be a little more easy going than a weekend in Orlando.

Chloë's first experience with silly putty.  I'm finding it all over the carpet in every room these days.

We would watch the sunset on the beach to get out of the house.  I love these sisters.


Yes I live here.





We hit the zoo up for free Saturdays.  It was pretty hot that day.  The kids were not having fun.

This is the first time we watched them feed the gators.  It was so trippy.
Gerrit is always the baby bather.  Here is Alice's first bath at home.
Delilah sings Alice a song called Chubby Cheeks.  This is why.
So far this is as close as Delilah will get to holding Alice



5 comments:

Delia said...

Wow...you do live in such a beautiful place! I haven't congratulated you yet. Alice is beautiful. I love her name too. :)

You are such a stud to go to Disney World and the zoo after having a baby! You're my hero.

SQ said...

even though you have 3 kids, it looks like you can still have fun :)

Sara said...

Such a beautiful family! I can't wait to meet Alice in a few months! She sure is cute! And fun that you were so adventurous so soon. Miss you guys!

Todd Langston said...

Great photos! Alice is so beautiful!

Saunja said...

What a fun post! I love your sweet 1/2 pound bean burrito! Looks like you had a great time with Gigi at Disney World.