May 22, 2011

No More Binkies Laying in the Bed

I've been wondering when Delilah will be strong enough to get rid of her binkie once and for all.  We started months back with only having it for bed time.  I didn't know when I could shake it all the way.  The girls have a play baby crib in their room that cradles two babies.  I asked Delilah one Sunday night (May 15) if she wanted to let the baby use her binkie.  She agreed and laid it in the crib.  It took a long time for her to fall asleep but she did it without her binks!  The next day I took her to Target to get a surprise.  She told me she wanted a snake.  I showed her the snake they had, which was a Cobra with his mouth open and hood out.  She said, "I think I want a nice snake."  So instead she chose a Lizard.  She named her new lizard Pascal (like the chameleon in Tangled)  Pascal is now her best buddy and goes everywhere with us.  I receive really strange looks from people.  Many ask if the lizard is real!  I'm so proud of you Delilah.  Your a big girl!
She is also into making faces now

4 comments:

Delia said...

Kam, your kids are some of the cutest and you are such a great mom.

I love how easily she gave up her binkie. What an amazing girl!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

That's awesome she gave it up so easily just in time for the new arrival.

dana said...

Congrats! yay!!

Christie said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks in these pics! She's definitely ready to be the big sister!