Dec 28, 2010

Another Christmas Flies By

Christmas Eve was filled with fun.  Our little family was super excited to go out to eat.  Chloë has this infatuation with Outback Steakhouse.  Although I really wanted to go there it wasn't in the Christmas budget.  So we opted for Chilis 2 for 20.  Thats my kind of meal.  After dinner we came home and spent some time thinking of Jesus on this special night.

Since Chloë and Delilah are not able to buy matching clothes anymore, I did my best to find matching jammies for Christmas.  They loved being little owls.  Oh and by the way, Chloë was so excited to have a trim and to flat iron her hair.  It was a really big deal.



 Dinner Face as owls

We watched a quick little video called The Nativity and then listened to Grandma's voice in a book she sent narrated by her.  The girls set up our Playmobil Nativity while listening to the story.



 I'm sure some people might think this is a little strange, but we like to have a birthday cake for dessert.
 The girls were off to bed and we got the house ready for Santa
Santa always wraps his gifts in Red

This is the first year we have stairs to come down to get to the presents.  Some of my best Christmases were waiting at the top of the stairs while mom and dad, looked around to see if Santa was still there.  It was so hard to wait for them to get everything ready.  Then when we hear the words, we were off like a flash.  I'm surprised non of us fell down the stairs or sprained ankles.  Of course the girls are saying "WHO WHO" just like an owl would.  Delilah woke up first at about 7:30 and we had to wake Chloë up for Christmas.
Santa didn't dissapoint
 Gigi and Grandpa sent sleeping bags and Chloe has slept in hers every night since she opened it
 I was finally able to bust out the Yo Gabba Vans I've been holding onto for weeks.  Good thing they still fit. 
 Papa and Grammy sent Pretty Pretty Princess.  This was the first thing she opened on Christmas Day.
 A house full of cats needs...a cat keyboard of course.  Good one Grandma and Grandpa.
 Drinking glasses anyone?
 Gerrit had a good year.  He actually listened and went out and bought some things I thought were cool.  Like this giant owl ceramic statue for the house.
 I got creative and went the Wu Tang route.  The Tao of the Wu.
 Favorite princesses unite

Delilah and her loot
Chloë and her loot

 In the evening we headed over to the Anderson's for some Christmas rib bbq.  We had fun just hanging and talking.  The food was delicious also.





 Merry 2010 Christmas to all!

8 comments:

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Looks like Santa spoiled your girls! We enjoyed having you over on Christmas! :)

Sperry Family said...

Love it, glad you guys had a good Christmas! Your house looks really cute too, you need to give us a tour through pictures since we're too cheap to come see it in person!

dana said...

Great Christmas! I love your place. Looks really cute.
and funny....Camille bought that same owl from Z Gallery when were in Calif. Is that where yours is from? I love it!

Suman Family said...

i see a lot of the same goodies at your house as ours :)
wish you were here. we miss you guys.

glad you had a merry christmas! crossing our fingers for march!!

your weather looks great!!

[Morgan] said...

your post title made my stomach sink for a sec. why does time have to fly by so quickly?!!!

looks like a great christmas for you guys. i've been dying at all your post lately because you look like you're wearing summer clothing and i'm typing this while we get dumped on with snow. lol. i am jealous.

Christie said...

We actually do the B-day cake thing, too!

Stephanie Ragland said...

LOVE the owl jammies-I think I need a pair! And Oh Wow! Congrats on girlie #3! I've been way out of the loop lately! Very excited for you-little girls are the best :)

Camille said...

Wow! You've been blogging! I started at the top and have been scrolling through till I got here. Fun to see what you've been up to. Looks like things are going well. Florida looks fun. Love all the pics of the girls. Chloe's bday looked fun. There have been so many things I wanted to comment on, but when I was scrolling through this post I had to stop and tell you that I have that same owl from ZGallery!!! I love it! I have it on my mantel over my tv. And I got some of those black and green jewel/plastic-like flower things from there as well to go in it.