When we heard Gerrit had a conference in Orlando we decided to make a weekend of it. A few months back I made the oh so important phone call to Jarond, and tried to get on the "LIST" for Yo Gabba Live in Kissimmee. He made the call and the rest is history!
Friday we picked Chloe up from school and drove straight to Yo Gabba Live. The show was awesome!
They gave everyone these cute paper DJ Lance glasses
As usual Delilah plugged her ears the entire time.
These were the balloons left over in our row. No one was sitting next to us so it just filled right up.
I made some cute shirts for the girls since our Gabba Gear was a little small from the past.
Biz was so awesome!
We got special Meet and Greet tickets for the party after. DJ Lance read the kids a story. They had food, music, coloring and all kinds of fun stuff backstage.
Lance was so happy to see a familiar face at the show. He hugged me like 3 times. He seriously loves Jarond, and even sent him an email telling him how stoked he was to see us at the show.
Getting hugs
The party favors after a late night.
The next morning Gerrit went to his conference and the girls and I headed to Magic Kingdom. We were so excited for a fun day. We've never been to Magic Kingdom before, and since I love Disneyland I couldn't wait. We got there before it opened. They do a fun song and dance thing with the characters in the front by the train, then you count down til the gates open. Pretty cool. The girls were so excited to see Cinderella's Castle. D vs. M....D being Disneyland, MK being Magic Kingdom. Survey Says...MK. Way more impressive then Sleeping Beauty's castle
We saw many Characters that day, some I have never seen. Survey Says...MK. I enjoy the oldies
Gotta try it just to see if the myth comes true
The long awaited Dumbo was our very first ride. Survey Says....D. At D they give you a magic feather to fly. 15 minutes to meet 3 princesses? Yes Please. Of course Delilah wouldn't come near any of them.
Gerrit came and met us after lunch. Delilah had been talking about the Magic Carpet ride for weeks. It was cute. She loved it. Survey Says...MK. No such thing at Disneyland.
Country Bear Jamboree. I was so excited to see this since they took it out of Disneyland. It was a total bummer. Boring and really quiet. Survey Says...Neither. Beat it Country Bear Jamboree.
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nigh time magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"
Survey Says...MK. It's now here to stay. I mean remember when Disneyland tried to sell the light bulbs when the parade retired? How much did those cost?
The next morning....Halloween. We got back in the car and drove home. We celebrated at a Trunk or Treat. The girls filled their bags in about 15 Min's. I mean I like having the candy but I missed the actual trick or treating here. Too many people come and go here and we just didn't know a good neighborhood to go to. I mean every 3rd house here is empty. Hopefully next year we will have more luck. The girls looked really cute though. Tink and Smurfette. Perfect for personalities.
Candy? Yes Please!
Our friends Richard and Dan handing out the candy.
First costume I had to make up entirely. Total success. She loved it.
The loot dump out. Pretty successful, except she hardly got any Tootsie-Rolls. I love those things.
Chloe's Jack-O-Lantern
They only stay good for about a day so we had to carve it on Halloween.
Her Pattern
A week before Halloween we visited the pumpkin patch. It was no Pumpkin Land. We missed Halloween in Utah this year.







12 comments:
So fun Kam! I love the Magic Kingdom! Cute Smurfette costume - your skills sure make me proud :) Miss you!
What a fun weekend! Makes me want to check out the Magic Kingdom someday, I kind of assumed it was the same as D-land.
No seriously I didn't even want to go to our ward trunk or treat this year. We definitely shed a tear. The girls look so cute in their costumes! Always original of course. Miss you guys and keep the postings coming we love it :)
Wow, you guys really packed in the fun!
I'm not a trunk or treating fan, either. At least you had good weather. It was raining cats and dogs here!
Miss you guys.
Come get some tootsie rolls from us. We have plenty! :)
You are pretty talented Kam. Chloe's costume rocks.
That is awesome that you got to go Magic Kingdom! I have only gone once and I was like 7 so I remember nothing.
I LOVE Chloe's costume! And did you dye Lilah's hair? It's freaking blonde as heck! Wow I can't believe how much those girls have changed already. Makes me sad to think we don't get to see you guys anymore:( Yeah I loved MK... so many things are bigger and better there like the Light Parade and Cinderella's castle. Miss you guys!
oh my gosh! I love the smurfette costume!!! It turned out so great kam! really cute/cool.
1. family picture with DJ Lance Rock-too cool!
2. girls in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle-AWESOME!
3. Smurfette costume? BEST EVER!!!
Such a fun post, Kam! Your girls looked so cute in their costumes. I miss Halloween in Utah, too. There doesn't seem to be anywhere better. NYC certainly doesn't stand a chance, unless you want to dress up as a "sexy" ladybug. Then it's the perfect place to be.
haha! Dudes! Looks like some good times. I think I want to go to Yo Gabba Gabba someday.
Ok, your Tink and Smurfette are super cute. Fun that you went to Orlando! Love the Wicked Stepmother at MK. She looks perfect. And those pictures of the Main Street Electrical Parade???... As I was looking at them, the music just started going through my head SO CLEARLY. Crazy. Yes, I love that parade, too.
Wow. Busy couple of days. I'm impressed. Utah Halloweens are the best, but your kids sure looked cute. I haven't been to MK since I was about 12 years old. I think it's time for a return trip.
Post a Comment